Only Time Can Tell: Solangelo

AN: Sorry this isn't the Pera part two. The next chapter will be the this one but with a song, the one after that will be Pera and the one after that will be a Perthena. This one is a Solangelo. 

Nico looked at his best friend from the shadow of a tree. Okay fine, he has been stalking his best friend Will ever since he started dating Nyssa, the daughter of Hephaestus.

It is not like he is jealous of something. Okay, maybe he is. Will and Nyssa were having a picnic at Camp Half-Blood's beach. When Will looked his way, Nico gave him a small smile and quickly shadow traveled away, hoping Will didn't see how fake the smile was.

Truth is, Nico has had a crush on Will ever since the giant war. He didn't tell Will about it though, but they are still best friends. Will keep telling him about how wonderful Nyssa is and is driving him crazy. But he didn't say anything about it though, fear of losing a friend.

Nico sighed. Nyssa got everything he didn't have. For example, she is a girl and he is a boy. That's a big difference.

...

"What are you up to?" Will asked as he walked into the dining area during dinner. Nico was sitting next to him at Apollo's table. The excuse he used was that Nico needed to socialize more.

Nico gives him a sideways glance. Then quickly looked back down. "Nothing."

"You could tell me anything," Will told Nico with a pout. "I'm not that scary."

Nico laughed softly, a sound that you don't hear often. Will have a satisfied smile on his face, he reaches across the table and gives Nico's hand a gentle squeeze. "I'm always here for you."

He was so lost in his blue eyes, so like Jason that he didn't even realize it when Nyssa walked up to Will. He shook his head, trying to clear his mind from those beautiful blue eyes.

"Are you free tonight?" Nyssa asked. "I want to show you something."

"Sure!" Will said happily. When she went away, he whispered to Nico. "I think I am going crazy but I felt like she is the one for me, the one I was looking for."

Nico looked down sadly before saying. "Yeah, I guess."

...

Nico sat in his cabin by himself. He took out a guitar Will had got him for his birthday. He somehow learns to play a few songs on it.

He doesn't use it much but holding it right now, he decides to play a song he had learned. He opens his mouth and sings slightly.

"He's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar,

The only thing that keeps me wishing on a wishing star.

His the song, in the car,

I keep singing, don't know why I do."

A single tear slid down his cheek. He put the guitar away and fell into a deep sleep.

...

Nico was in the shadow of a tree again. This time, Will walked by him but when he saw him, he stopped.

Nico felt his heart beating faster and he couldn't really breathe, in a good way. His breath was taken away by his presence.

"What are you doing here?" Will asked him.

"Just..." He tries to find the right word. "Relaxing."

Will didn't look convinced. "Okay?"

He then walked away again, leaving Nico there. Nico admires how flawless he was as he went the other way he was heading. Just as he thought of that, he trips over a rock.

"Stupid rocks," Nico mumbles, kicking them out of frustration.

...

"Will! Come quick! Is Nyssa!" Nico shouted. He was taking a walk when he saw Will's girlfriend. Even thinking the word girlfriend brings him jealousy. She looked really hurt and Nico could feel her life slipping away.

Will appears. "What's wrong."

"She's dying," Nico states matter of factly.

Will put his hand in her heart and he nodded sadly. Nico could tell he would burst into tears any seconds now. "What happens?"

"I don't know," Nico said softly. "I was just taking a walk when I heard her scream."

Will nodded sadly and carried Nyssa up softly. "We should tell Chiron."

...

Nico was in the graveyard, looking at his sister's grave when a little voice broke his concentration. "Who are you?" A little girl's voice sounds out.

He clings, she sounds so much like Bianca. He turned around and gasped. He takes a step back and takes a deep breath. Somehow he knew who she was. Bianca, but she was reborn. "Nico."

"Cool!" The little girl said with a smile. "My name is Bianca!"

Nico laughed softly but a sad smile on his face. Bianca looked at him with a frown. "Is something wrong?"

"Nothing," Nico tries to convince the little girl. "You just remind me of my sister."

The girl nodded. Suddenly, he has a question for her. "What are you doing here?"

The girl looked down sadly. "My grandma died when I was little, we were visiting her."

Nico nodded in understanding. He stood up. "I got to go."

"Will I see you again?" Bianca asked.

"Maybe..." Nico said, trailing off before disappearing through the graves.

...

"Are you okay?" Nico asked Will. Those words that he never thought will come out of his mouth. He was in front of Nyssa's grave.

"Yeah," Will said. He looked up at him with a small smile on his face. "I never thought I would hear those words from you."

Nico chuckled. "Things change huh?"

Will nodded. "I have gotten over her, but it still hurts."

Will then gives him a smile he has only seen him use on Nyssa. "And I might have found someone else."

"Really?" Nico asked, hope evidence in his voice.

"Really," Will said before standing up. He went over to Nico and gave him a peck on his cheek. "Thank you."

He left a blushing son of Hades standing there, wondering about what happened just now. He touches his cheek where Will has kissed him, a real smile now shows on his face.