Deep In The Meadow: Thalico

AN: This is a Thalico one-shot! Enjoy!

Deep In The Meadow

Thalia wandered into the forest by herself. It was free time for her now, a time to take breaks and just be herself. To put her man-hating feelings aside and just be a girl, to be free from responsibility and leading the hunt.

She put Phoebe, the second in command and her best friend in the hunt, in charge until she got back. She walked toward the meadow where she liked to collect her thoughts.

She walked deeper into the meadow, most of which was covered by tall, magnificent trees that seemed to reach the sky. Golden sunlight sprinkled down through the cracks of the leaves. She sat below the willow tree where she went every time she had a break.

As Thalia sat down, a pair of dark, brown eyes made their way into her mind. She shook her head, trying to clear her mind off of her thoughts. She couldn't think about those gorgeous eyes. Is against the rules in the hunt.

She didn't know why, but she always felt drawn to him. Like a magnet pulling towards their other half. Thalia shook her head again and pinched herself.

"Get real," Thalia muttered under her breath. "He will never like you, let alone love you. Plus, you are the leader of the hunt, those kinds of thoughts are not allowed."

Tired from all of her time leading the hunt, Thalia fell asleep with her back against the willow tree and slipped into a strange dream.

...

"She had your eyes," A familiar voice said from behind Thalia. Thalia tried to catch the face of the person behind her but found herself drawn to the bundle in her arms. She looked down, surprised.

There laid a girl. The man who said that the girl had her eyes was right. She did have her eyes. Thalia didn't know what to say. This was definitely the weirdest dream she ever had.

Suddenly, a name, so sharp and clear it made Thalia's eyes water, appeared in her mind. Amy, meaning beloved in French.

"Amy," Thalia said the name out loud. It sounded right on her tongue.

"It's a sweet name," the same man said. Thalia caught a glimpse of his face. Pale skin placed his hand on her shoulder. Thalia shouldn't have liked this comfort. She was a hunter, and she knew that was not going to change anytime soon.

But she was a demigod, meaning her dreams were sometimes real. What if this was her future? But how? Thalia thought to herself. Who would she leave the hunt for?

She turned around but the man's face was a blur, like someone was trying to stop her from seeing who it was. All she caught was black hair and dark brown eyes.

"She's beautiful, just like you," the man said, making Thalia blush. She wasn't used to people calling her beautiful. No men in the hunters, plus, no one would dare called the lieutenant of the hunters beautiful. It didn't seem like the man cared, though, almost like he had been doing this for a long time.

Suddenly, everything around her started to dissolve, leaving Thalia in a white space. But soon, the white space disappeared as well, bringing her back to reality, to the meadow she was in.

...

"THALIA!" Thalia opened her eyes only for them to meet with concerned ones. She was shocked when she saw who it was.

"Nico? What the Hades are you doing here?" Thalia questioned him, not having the energy to ask why he was stalking her.

Nico blushed and looked away, not even commenting on how she had used his father's name as a curse word. "Well, you were asleep for a few hours. I thought I might wake you up before Lady Artemis and the hunters think you are missing or dead."