Wednesday In A Cafe: Jeyna

AN: This is a Jeyna Coffee Shop AU! Hope you enjoy it! This was inspired by the song "Begin Again" by Taylor Swift!

Short Summary: Jason worked in the Olympus cafe with his sister every Wednesday. One day, he noticed a girl walked in and his life would never be the same. Mortal AU.

Wednesday In A Cafe

Jason was on his shift working in the Olympus cafe on Wednesday when a girl about his age, sixteen, came in. She has brown hair and her eyes weren't really visible, hiding behind her long hair that was covering half of her face. She walked nervously into the cafe before looking at the menu and walking up toward the counter.

Jason gave the girl a smile and asked. "Is there anything I could get you, miss?"

"Can I have a daily coffee?" She asked, her voice soft and gentle, as if she was afraid that he would hurt her. Jason gave her a smile and told the girl.

"$2.30," she gave him the exact amount just as Jason asked for her name.

"Reyna," she replied and Jason nodded, quickly making her order and handing out the coffee.

"Here you go, Reyna," Jason said as he gave her the coffee, her name sounded right as he said it.

"Thank you," she said softly before disappearing again.

/

Reyna, Jason remembered her name, walked into the cafe again on Wednesday. He didn't know why he remembered her name, but ever since she came in, he couldn't get his mind off her. "Reyna right?"

She gave him a shy smile before nodding. "Can I have a daily coffee?"

Jason nodded and told her the same thing as last week. "$2.30"

She gave him the exact amount, like last time but this time, they were busier than yesterday. So, seeing there's no customer behind her, Jason asked her a question. "How is your day?"

Reyna looked surprised that he was talking to her. She didn't say anything for a while before replying. "My day is going fine. How about you?"

"Great," Jason replied just as her order came. "Here's your coffee."

"Thank you," Reyna said, looking down at the floor before disappearing.

/

Jason stood in the counter, wondering if Reyna would be here that Wednesday. As he suspects, Reyna walked in, her left hand on her right arm as if she was hurt. She walked up to the counter slowly.

"Hello," Jason started. "What can I get you today, Reyna?"

"The daily coffee," Reyna replied softly. Jason nodded and quickly made her order and gave it back to her.

"Thank you," she replied before wincing when she was carrying her coffee.

"Are you okay?" Jason asked. Reyna looked scared but told him.

"I'm fine, don't worry," she said before looking left and right and running away from the shop. But just as she did, a part of her jacket slipped off and Jason saw a fresh wound on her forearm.

/

A few weeks passed and Reyna never came to the cafe again. To be honest, Jason is a little scared. What if she was hurt or something? He tries not to think about it. But this Wednesday, to Jason's surprise, Reyna walked in.

"The usual?" Jason asked with a smile. Reyna nodded and Jason noticed this time, she was limping. He quickly made her order and gave it to her. "$2.30."

She gave her the exact amount, like always, and said a quick thank you before limping out of the shop. Jason couldn't let her go this time though. He ran toward his sister, Thalia, and told her. "I'll be back soon, cover for me okay?"

Jason didn't wait for her reply before he chased after Reyna. But he swore he could hear his sister rolling her eyes and mumbling "boys" under her breath.

He followed Reyna as she slipped into alley after alley. When she finally stopped, she stopped in front of the house owned by Julian Ramirez-Arellano. He was the meanest man in town. He went crazy after coming back from a war and his wife died. He heard that he has two daughters.

Jason sighed but didn't say anything. He continued watching as Reyna went into the house. Suddenly, a thought struck him. Reyna. How could he be so stupid. Reyna is his daughter. He heard it once from his sister that Julian's daughters are named Hylla and Reyna. He wanted to save Reyna. Her father is crazy, why would she live with him? He sighed again before realizing there's nothing he could do.

He turned his back on the house and walked away, back to the cafe. Little did he know, Reyna saw him from the window as he went.

/

Jason was taking a walk in a park on Tuesday when he bumped into someone. He looked up and saw Reyna, his eyes widened and he quickly backed up. "I'm so sorry. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," Reyna mumbled, clutching her left arm and her eyes not meeting Jason's.

"Are you sure, Reyna?" He asked. Reyna looked up at him before looking toad one of the benches in the park.

"I guess I could go sit there," Reyna pointed to a bench before moving towards it. Jason quickly followed her. They sat in silence for a moment before Reyna turned toward Jason and asked. "You know my name, what's yours?"

"Jason," Jason introduced himself with a soft smile. "Are you coming to the cafe tomorrow?"

"Is that a date invitation?" Reyna asked teasingly. They could say they're friends. In the cafe almost every wednesday, they talked sometimes, sometimes joking with each other.

"Uh," Jason didn't say anything but to his surprise, Reyna spoke up again.

"If it is, I accept."

Jason stared at her shocked, before smiling. "Sure. Tomorrow in the cafe."

"It's a date," Reyna agreed with a soft grin. "See you tomorrow."

/

Reyna stared at herself in the mirror and took a deep breath. Her hair in a braid behind her back. She was wearing jeans with a white shirt. She smiled softly and thought about Jason. She doesn't really know him but for some reason, she felt like she could trust him.

"Where are you going?" Her father roared at her. Her sister was there next to her father in an instance, trying to calm him down.

"Just the cafe," Reyna replied softly before quickly going out the door. She locked the door behind her and put her headphones on. Music started playing in her ears.

And you throw your head back laughing like a little kid

I think it's strange that you think I'm funny 'cause he never did

I've been spending the last eight months thinking all love ever does

Is break and burn and end

Soon, Reyna arrived at the cafe as she walked in. Jason seems to get another person to do the counter for him as he was standing at a table next to a window and waving her over. She smiled at him and walked his way. They both sat down across from each other.

Jason then gave her a cup of coffee. Reyna smiled and accepted it. "So, how are you doing?"

"Okay," Reyna replied with a smile. They talked about lots of different things before Reyna stood up. "I better go. I don't want my father to be mad."

"I could come with you," Jason offered. Reyna was about to refuse when she decided.

"Fine," she grumbled and they both stood up and walked hand in hand back to her house. Everything will be fine as long as I have him by my side, Reyna thought to herself with a smile. Everything will be alright.