Heart is as Fragile as Glass {Part II}: Percabeth/Pertemis

Being the God of heartbreak is a curse. It won't ever be a blessing, only a curse. The only blessing is that you don't feel the heartbreaks of everyone, only those close to you.

If I have known the simple two words 'I do' could shatter my best friend's heart, I would never have said it. She told me she was fine when I ask her if she was okay. She told me I don't need to worry. I shouldn't see through her lies. I should've been there for her.

Now I have my happily ever after while my best friend has a shattered heart. I don't think anyone could piece it back together. As someone once said, "Heart don't sudden;y break; They break when someone keeps chipping away at them." If what they said is true, I have been chipping away my best friend's heart.

I should have noticed it though. I should have noticed her longing glance. Her smile whenever we are together. I should have noticed a lot of things, but I was blind to it all. Now that I know it, it is too late to change it.

My name is Percy Jackson and I guess no one wants to hear how I break my best friend's heart right?

Well, I'm going to tell you anyway, in case you are in this situation so you will know how to handle it or at least stop it from happening.

It all started the summer the seven and I became Gods...

"Perseus Jackson!" Zeus thundered. "You have helped us win two wars. This time, you will be given God hood, do you accept?"

"I accept lord Zeus," I said with confidence. The Fate appears in front of me.

"All hail Perseus Jackson, god of heartbreaks and tide," The fate said together, still freaking me out. I wonder why I am the god of heartbreak though.

"Let the celebration party begin!" Zeus shouted and everyone immediately ran toward the party.

Annabeth walked up next to me and nudged my shoulder. "God of heartbreaks huh?"

I glared at her playfully. "Is not that bad."

"I read it somewhere-" I cut her off.

"Always reading huh?" I asked her teasily. She glared at me for interrupting her. I hold my hands up. "Sorry. Continue with your important speech."

She glared at me again but continued. "Anyway, I read it somewhere that being the God of heartbreaks means that you will feel every heartbreak in the world."

"Not every heartbreak," Aphrodite said flirtily as she walked by us and stopped. "Only the heartbreak of those close to you."

"Oh," I said, my typical answer. Annabeth laughed and gave me a wave.

"I'm going to find Piper and Hazel, see you later," I wave her goodbye and turn to find that Aphrodite has already disappeared into the crowd. I sighed as I continued walking around until I bumped into a girl.

"I am so sorry," I said as I helped the girl up. Auburn hair, silver eyes. Boy, I'm in trouble. "I wasn't looking and... Lady Artemis!"

Artemis rolled my eyes. "Drop the formality Perseus. We are all Gods here."

"Then call me Percy," I said. Artemis smiles at me, making me feel warm inside.

"Sure," She said. We stood in silence. Artemis seems to remember something because she started talking. "I just want to thank you for saving me from under the sky years ago. I know it might have been too late but..."

"Hey," I said, putting a calming hand on her shoulder and stopping her rant. "No need to say thank you, I was trying to help however I can."

Artemis gave me another smile. I turned a bit and saw that the girls that are chasing me before Aphrodite comes is right behind me. I turned to Artemis with a panic look on my face. "Do you know anywhere where we could be more peaceful?"