One Chance: Bianca

AN: This story is not a couple one-shot. It is just a short one-shot about what Bianca is feeling when on her first night with the hunters.

"Here's thy tent," A hunter named Zoe said as she handed her a silver square box. "Just press the top of the square and it shall turn into a tent."

Bianca smiled at her new sister and nodded her head. "Thanks for helping me."

"Thou art welcome," Zoe exclaimed, smiling. "I'm aye fortunate to help a new sister."

Bianca smiled back before giving Zoe a small wave. She entered the tent. "Wow," She said out loud.

The tent has everything she would need. A small bathroom, a bed, a table, and of course, a light. She put her backpack down, the only thing she has brought. She looked around the tent before taking a quick shower. She quickly changes her cloth and hops into the bed.

Bianca thought it would be easy to fall asleep, but she just couldn't. She tossed and turned in her bed inside her hunter's tent. But no matter what she does, she just couldn't fall asleep. She got out of her bed and put a royal blue scarf around her. The scarf always seems to calm her down for some reason.

Bianca grabs her blanket and opens her tent flap, looking around before tiptoeing out of her tent. She went to the cliff the blonde hair girl, Annabeth she thinks her name is, fell off of. She lay under the night sky looking at the stars above her. She was lost in a flashback during her time in the lotus casino.

"Nico," Bianca shouted at her brother. "Where are you going?"

Her brother continued running while shouting at her over the noise. "I heard there is this lady that could tell you your fortune! I'm gonna go check it out."

"It is a waste of time," Bianca shouted. But it seems like her voice was lost in the voices of all the other people. She sighed as she ran toward her brother. He was in line already, jumping up and down, waiting for his turn.

"You shouldn't have run off like that," Bianca scolded her brother. Nico gave her an apologizing smile.

"Sorry," He said innocently. "I didn't mean to."

Bianca sighed. "Just don't do it again."

Nico nodded happily. Soon, it was their turn. Bianca and Nico walked into a weird shaping tent with playing cards laid out on the table. A candle lit up the whole tent. Bianca looked around in awe. There are weird things all around. Finally, the sibling settles their glance at an old lady. She was sitting behind the table with an unsettled look on her face.

"Take a seat, children," The old lady said in a hoarse voice. "Who is going first?"

"Me! Me!" Nico said with excitement.

"Give me your hand," The old lady said as Nico holds out his hand. Personally, Bianca never believes in these kinds of fortune-telling. How do they even know what's true? Bianca thought to herself as she watched the old lady do her fortune-telling magic on her brother.

The old lady holds up a card and told Nico again in her hoarse voice."Your future will be full of pain. But when you succeed, a bright future awaits you."

Nico has a confused look on his face as the old lady moves on to Bianca. "Give me your hand my dear."

Bianca unwillingly holds her hand up for the old lady to take. This time, it was longer than Nico. She holds up a card with a giant looking thing on it and a girl being smashed and stepped on. The old lady told Bianca with a dark look on her face.

"Beware of an oracle, for it will be the cause of your death," She let go of Bianca's hand. Bianca was confused. She does not want to die yet.

"Meaning?" Bianca asked but the old lady has already gone back to her magic card things. Bianca pulls Nico out of the tent with her.

Bianca remembers that day well. To this day, she is still confused. Is the old lady telling the truth or not? What oracle she should be aware of.

Remembering that day brought doubt and guilt to her mind. Doubt and guilt about the same thing. Should she have left her brother? Okay, let's add confusion to her list as well.

Bianca guessed she wasn't thinking at all when she made the choice to join the hunters. She didn't think about her brother, only herself, which made her a bad sister. All she could think about at that time was how she could have a new life. How she could live a life free of responsibility. She didn't know how she could tell Nico about it tomorrow. They have always been together and watch each other's back, but who would watch Nico's back from now on. She has the hunter's now, but Nico has no one.

"Couldn't sleep?" A girl asked behind her. She turns around and meets the black eyes of Zoe Nightshade, the hunter who has helped her earlier.

"Yeah," Bianca mumbled as she leaned against the tree behind her. "I'm just not sure-"

"If thou compose the right choice" Zoe finished for her. Bianca nodded her head sadly.

"I keep wondering if I shouldn't have left my brother," Bianca started. "I mean, he is only ten!"

"Just do what thou regard is right," Zoe told her, putting a calming hand on top of Bianca's shoulder. "I was ne'r 'i thy situation so that's all I say to thou."

"Thanks," Bianca said as she gave Zoe a quick hug. "I'll think about what you say."

Bianca went back to her tent, but not before hearing from Zoe. "I be glad I could help thou, sister."

Bianca smiled before going into her tent. She knows it is too late to back out of the hunter though, so she will stick with them for now.

The event from the fortune-telling lady is still in her mind though for some reason. In her mind, she heard an echo of her voice. "Beware of an oracle, for it will be the cause of your death."

Bianca has no idea how right the lady is as she falls into a deep sleep.