The Other Side {Part 1}: Artemis, Apollo

AN: Okay, so you guys are probably thinking: Artemis and Apollo as a pairing? Ewwwww! Here's what I'll tell you, they aren't a pairing in this one-shot! It's just that this one-shot(s) will be about the two siblings. Anyways, it's requested by Weirdhead. You know, the girl that anger me last time... 

Another thing, there will be four parts! So keep a lookout for the other three parts!

Short summary: Artemis and Apollo are arguing again. But this time, it's about who's job is harder. What happen when they anger Zeus with this argument?

Part 1: The Other Side of The Argument

"This is not right!" The shout of Artemis could be heard throughout Olympus. The other gods sighed, knowing this will be another huge argument between the siblings.

"It's right!" Apollo challenged. "The sun is way better than the moon!"

"And why is that?" Artemis asked, crossing her arms. "Why is the sun better?"

"Because everyone is awake during the day while people are asleep at night."

"But you're talking about day, not the sun," Artemis said with a triumph smile. Apollo glared at her.

"So if you're so smart," Apollo demanded as Athena coughed as she listened in on the sibling's argument. "Tell me why the almighty moon is better?"

"Because my job is harder than yours. The harder it is, the better it is."

Athena opened her mouth to say something but Apollo beat her to it. "Well, my duties are harder because..." He paused for a second. "They just are."

Now they have most of the Olympian's attention.

"They're not!" Artemis exclaimed. "My duties are obviously harder."

"No mine is!"

"And why is that?"

"Because it just is!"

Artemis fought to sniffle her laughter. "You already gave us that answer twice. And it's not really an answer."

"Fine," Apollo growled. "What's your answer?"

"My job is harder because I need to stay up late at night to pull the moon chariot," Artemis said smugly. "Do you stay up late at night?"

"No," Apollo replied. "And why do you even drive the moon? I put my sun chariot on autopilot!"

"Aha!" Artemis shouted happily. "See, my duties are harder because I actually drive the moon chariot. You put it on autopilot."

Apollo groaned but didn't say anything, instead choosing to lean back on his throne, trying to ignore his sister.

Artemis leaned back into her throne as well, deciding not to say anything to her brother. The other Olympian breathed out a sigh of relief. The sibling's argument is quite annoying to most of them.

But the peace and quiet didn't last. Soon, they started arguing again.

"Driving the sun isn't my only duty," Apollo suddenly shouted out loud, startling most of the other gods. Athena's book fell to the ground. She gave Apollo a death glare.

Artemis turned to look at her brother. "And what other duties are you talking about?"

"Healing," he answered simply. "I also heal people and that's hard work."

"I help women give birth," Artemis replied. "That's harder than just healing people."

"Not with your power!"

"But you use your power too!" Artemis countered as Apollo tried to think of a response. Artemis continued talking though. "And I have the hunters to look after. They are all like sisters to me."

"Well," Apollo started. "I have my children I need to look after!"

Artemis didn't say anything for a while before she suddenly started talking again. "I can also heal people."

"I can create plague!" Apollo exclaimed.

"So can I," Artemis countered.

"The coronavirus is my doing," Apollo answered smugly. Artemis along with many other Olympians rolled their eyes.

"Do you know how much people will hate you when they realize you are the one who caused it?" Athena asked.

"And why is that?" Apollo asked as well.

"Because, brother dearest," Artemis started. "It's killing thousands of people and many people are stuck at home because of it. They are also forced to stay at home. Many people are losing their jobs and people can meet with their friends. They also-"

Apollo cut her off. "Fine, I get it, no one like plague."

"Exactly. And also, how does that make your job harder?"

"It doesn't?" Apollo asked himself.

Artemis replied. "Yes, it doesn't."

"But I have other duties as well," Apollo started but Zeus cut him off.

"You two are giving me a headache!" Zeus thundered. "I have a solution for you."

Artemis crossed her arms and Apollo did as well. Both slumped back into their chair.

"I don't need to be punished," both of the siblings mumbled.

"Apollo needs to be punished for starting the coronavirus though," Artemis replied, loudly this time.

"Artemis needs to be punished for doing..." Apollo stumbled for word. "Stuff."

"Stuff?" Artemis snorted. "What kind of stuff did I do?"

Zeus put his hands on his head. "Stop! You will both be punished."

"It's your fault!" Both twins shouted at the same time. Zeus shouted louder this time.

"For the punishment, the two of you will switch duties."

Artemis dropped her hand which was pointing at Apollo. "WHAT? But father, surely you can't be asking Apollo to look after my hunters."

Apollo glared at her. "Do you think I want you looking after my hospital?"

"You two will do as I say," Zeus replied sternly. "Starting tomorrow and for a week, the two of you will switch your duties and that is final. Meet me here again in the throne room after one week."

Zeus then flashed out, shortly followed by the other Olympians. The twins glared at each other before flashing out as well, none of them feeling happy at the moment, trying to prepare themself for the following week.