Just Be Yourself: Pertemis

AN: Hello everyone! I'm back with another one-shot! This is a Pertemis one. Hope you enjoy!

Short Summary: Artemis felt a feeling she had never felt toward a boy when the son of Poseidon saved her from under the sky. She falls in love with him. You might ask, how do you make someone as impossible as Artemis falls in love with you? One answer: just be yourself.

Just Be Yourself

Artemis couldn't feel anything but pain as the weight of the world crushed on top of her. Her eyes closed and she tried to bear the pain. Sweat dripping from her forehead. She doesn't know how long she could hold this. She's a goddess, but even goddesses have limits.

Suddenly, her lieutenant, Zoe's voice rang through her mind and her eyes snapped open instantly. Artemis quickly shook her head with as much strength she could master and told her. "STOP! It's a trap!"

But to Artemis' protest, Zoe still moved toward her, tugging at the chain, trying to get it off. She saw Atlas, Luke, and the daughter of Athena appeared. The rest of the quester was looking at Atlas in shock.

Atlas chuckled and all Artemis wanted to do was reap his stupid head off so he can't talk. He looked at Zoe. "So much for old friends. And you, Zoe. It's been a long time. How is my little traitor? I will enjoy killing you."

"Do not respond," Artemis groaned when she saw Zoe's look. For the demigods' benefit, she added. "Do not challenge him."

None seems to listen though as they all charge forward. The foolish son of Poseidon, Perseus, Artemis recalled, charged Atlas straight on. Artemis could only watch silently as the others try to fight Atlas and Luke, the son of Hermes that betrayed them.

/

"The sky," the son of Poseidon told Artemis. "Give it to me."

"No boy," Artemis replied, her forehead weas beaded with metallic sweat, like quicksilver. She shook her head. "You don't know what you're asking. It will crush you!"

"Annabeth took it," the boy began to protest and Artemis began to see another side of him. A side you had never noticed from any boy before. He was selfless. He would sacrifice himself if it meant saving his friends and family.

"She barely survived. She had a spirit of a true huntress. You will not last long," Artemis told him. But even as she said it, it sounded wrong in her lips. She knew he could hold it. He had a spirit of a true hero.

"I'll die anyways. Give me the weight of the sky!"

Artemis was about to protest again when Perseus took out his sword, Zoe's sword, Riptide and slashed through the chain. He then stepped next to her and braced himself on one knee, holding up his hands and touched the cold, heavy cloud.

As he did that, one of his hands accidentally brushed Artemis' making her heart fluttered for some unknown reason. She brushed the thoughts aside and for a second, they held the sky together. Then. Artemis slipped out from under the burder, and Perseus was left to hold it alone.

She ran forward and engaged Atlas in a battle, changing forms as she did so and slowly leading Atlas back toward the sky. Zoe was by her side the whole time.

Get ready, she told the son of Poseidon. A small smile graced her lips when she heard his response.

Agggghh-owwwwwwww.

Boys, she thought to herself, shaking her head but didn't comment on it. But Atlas' next comment makes her want to punch him even more.

"You fight well for a girl," Atlas laughed. "But you are no match for me."