Side By Side: Calypso, Zoë

AN: This is for the CHB competition! (Yes I know, another one...)

Name: AlEmily360

Cabin: Apollo

Team: Blue

Prompt: The Kane Chronicles- write about siblings

Additional Prompts Used: [Word] Higher, [Character] Zoe Nightshade, [Word] Everything

Summary: When Calypso lost her memories due to a dangerous event she didn't unwillingly with her father, Atlas, her sister was there to help. A Mortal AU.

Word Count: 1,895

Side By Side

Calypso didn't know what to feel as she ran down toward the beach behind her father, Atlas. Her carmel hair flowing in a braid behind her. She was wearing a simple black shirt and legging. To top it off, her father made her wear a black cloak to cover her whole body, plus her face so no one can realize them.

She didn't know why she let herself be roped into her father's scheme. She should have just stayed home with her sister, Zoe. Then, everything would have been fine and she wouldn't be running away from the police with nothing in hands. But, they did break into the people's house.

Confuse? Well, it started off as a normal day for twelve years old Calypso Nightshade. She was in her room, doing homework as her twenty years old sister, Zoe, played the piano next to her. She was enjoying the music when their father, Atlas, bursted into their house.

"Who will help me?" Atlas growled at his two daughters. Smell of cigarettes could be smelled on his body. Atlas was the worst father in the history of father but he is Calypso and Zoe's only family member alive. He is also a criminal, but none of his children knew that.

"With what, father?" Zoe asked politely as she silently moved toward her younger sister, standing in a protective manner.

"Just a job," Atlas answered, tapping his left foot impatiently on the ground.

"We're fine, father," Zoe answered for both her and her younger sister.

Their father growled. "Then you are both as useless as your mother. She's dead because she's too weak!"

Calypso, wanting to do nothing more than to impress her father, went out from behind her sister. "Sure."

Zoe widened her eyes at Calypso, mouthing the word "No" over and over again but Calypso didn't listen. Atlas grabbed his younger daughter roughly before shoving her through the door.

"Come on," he roared at Calypso and when he saw his oldest daughter staring at her, growled at her as well. "What are you looking at, punk."

"Nothing," Zoe mumbled softly before wiping a tear away from her eyes and closing the door behind her sorry-excuse of a father and her younger sister. Be save, Zoe mentally prayed for her sister's safety.

With their father, she never know what will happen.

/

"Where are we going?" Calypso asked softly as she played with her cloak's sleeve.

"The Olympian's house," her father stated fatly. Calypso look horrified. She knew her father hated the Olympian's, so there's only one reason he could be doing this. He's stealing or robbing something from their house. Calypso wanted to do nothing more than to run back home and curled up next to her sister by the fireplace.