chapter seventeen

tbh cake af

[edited]

-

"Calum." I said, poking his back lightly. He turned around from his locker to look at me with a small frown, "Don't walk away." I said when seeing his hesitation.

"Why shouldn't I?" He scoffed.

"You're still my bestfriend—" I saw him visible cringe at friend and I bit my lip. "And I love you, so please don't shut me out. We can work this out, together." I said, taking his hand in mine.

"The only together I want is that you look at me the same way I look at you, Luke." Calum gulped, and I saw his eyes gloss over.

"Calum I don't like you like that, you're my bestfriend and I can't see you as anything more. I'm sorry." I apologised, just as Michael bounded over to us, my old skateboard in hand.

"What's going on?" Michael chirped.

"Nothing." Calum answered flatly.

"Calum, this isn't nothing!" I protested, "I like Ashton and were finally getting somewhere that's more than just sex, so can you just please get over me." I said, grabbing his shoulders.

Calum looked up at me tearfully and I watched as a tear fell down his cheek, and I frowned. "Calum, please. I'm not even worth it." I assured him, cupping his cheeks.

"I-I...Fucking kiss me first." Then I attached my lips to his and his moved hastily against mine and I pressed him against the lockers besides us. "Fuck."

My lips moved to his neck quickly and I sucked a dark hickey before pulling away slowly. "What the fuck was that?" I breathed out a laugh.

"That just proves you can't not want to kiss me." Calum said quietly, "Give me one date Luke." Calum pleaded.

I licked my lips before nodding, "Maybe Cal."

Calum grinned before kissing my cheek, and walking away with Michael in tow. I was left shocked because the kiss was better than I thought it'd be.

***

"Hey, mum." I waved at her and Ashton who sat on the sofa together watching TV. "I've got a tonne of homework to catch up on." I informed her, "So can you bring my dinner up to me?"

Mum smiled, "That's fine, Luke. Just don't get it on your bed, it's pasta so it'll be saucy."

I nodded and waved at Ashton before running up the stairs to my room. I locked the door behind me and I groaned loudly and collapsed on the bed. "Fuck." I whined.

I lay there for a while, completely done with everything.

Why did Calum even like me? I wasn't hot, okay maybe I did think I was hot but Calum was my bestfriend and even if we did have sex once in a while, how could he think I was hot? He knows all my disgusting habits and hobbies and he knows about my love of drawing. I rarely tell anyone about my drawings but Calum was Calum so I let him in.

We met in nursery when he pushed me off my bike and I cried. He said sorry and since then we'd been so close.

I got out my homework and started doing some of it. But out fell my sketchbook and I opened it to a page of Calum. I had taken a photo of him once and he just looks so good that I drew him. His hair was quiffed that day because he let me and Mikey play with it. He looked so irresistible, but why did he want me?

I did my homework for a few hours and Ashton came up to give me my dinner, along with a kiss on my forehead before he left again.

No matter how much Calum liked me, he couldn't compare to Ashton.

Ashton made my stomach do flips and jumps like an acrobat and he just made my heart flutter. I loved him.

He left my room and in between eating and doing my homework, my phone began to ring. I picked it up, resting it on my shoulder and continued writing about Trade Unions for business.

"Hello?" I asked into the phone.

"Hey, Luke," Calum answered, "What're you doing?"

"Business work, I don't get it at all."

"Is it Trade Unions?" He asked and I said yes. "We did it Friday, do you want me to come over and help?" I called him a life saver and he was at the front door in five minutes.

Mum had answered it before I could, "Oh hi, Calum." Mum smiled at him, all fake like. "What are you doing here?"

"He's here to help with my homework." I said behind her, taking Calum's hand and pulling him up the stairs. I closed the door behind us, making sure Ashton hadn't seen him.

I turned around only to be pushed in to the door, my lips being attacked. "Cal..." I mumbled.

Calum pulled away, "Don't talk." He whispered before pulling me to my bed. "Sit." He said and I did as told and Calum straddled me, making me wrap my arms around his waist.

"What are you gonna do?" I asked, my hand creeping under his shirt.

"Kiss you." Calum leaned forward and that's all we did for an hour.

I loved kissing Calum, he had such pouty lips but the whole time I couldn't help but imagine Ashton. "I-I like you a lot Lu."

"I like you too Ash." My eyes snapped open when I realised what I'd said, "Shit. Sorry—Cal no wait!" I exclaimed when he climbed off of me and left my room.

"Cal, I'm sorry! C'mon don't leave!" I begged, finally catching up and taking his hand.

"No, Luke." Calum snapped, "I am done with you and your stupid crush on him, you either want him or lose me and Michael forever." Calum threatened and I gulped.

"You're the one who dared me, Calum. You told me to do it and now you get jealous—"

"I'm not jealous!" Calum yelled, pulling away from me roughly. "I love you Luke but you've got your head too far up your ass to see you're losing us all!"

Then he left.

I slid down the wall and sat on the floor, my head in my hands, "Lu?" I looked up to my mum and tears fell from my eyes. Instantly she hugged me and I sobbed in to her chest.

"What's wrong, baby?" She asked.

"C-Calum hates me." I whimpered. "He likes me and I just can't—he hates me so much." I choked and just sobbed until I had no tears left and my eyes hurt.

"Let's get you to bed, baby boy." Mum said and she helped me up the stairs and she tucked me in to bed with a kiss to my cheek and an I love you.

She went to leave the room but I stopped her, making her turn to me, "Can you stay with me? Till I fall asleep." Mum nodded and she got in the bed and I laid my head on her chest and I fell asleep in my mothers arms.

And the guilt flooded in.

-

theres gonna be around ten to fifteen chapters left oh :(

I'm sad now

Remember there will be a sequel and I already know like the plot but I'll ask you questions and shit later ok.

But keep commenting guys!

I love you