epilogue

I've already started writing the sequel aye

-

Five months later

"So you're are five months along and I can tell you the gender of the baby, Miss Hemmings." The doctor told us, moving the device over my mothers bulging stomach.

The screen showed black and white blobs and that's all I could tell. I saw the shape of a head and a body.

"Yes, we'd like to know." My mum smiled and then the doctor pointed to the screen.

"That right there, is a willy." The doctor glanced at us with a smile. "You are having a very happy and healthy little boy." My mums mouth dropped open in awe and she cooed at the screen. "You'd like a photo then?"

We both nodded. The doctor turned off the screen after pressing a button and then handed my mum a wipe. She handed it to me and I cleaned her stomach for her.

Each appointment I'd do this for her. Clean her stomach and then we'd go for lunch and then go home, eat junk food and watch films until we passed out on the sofa.

"What do you want to call him?" I asked my mum.

"I've always liked Reece. That was going to be your name but your grandma suggested Luke and I loved it." Mum said thoughtfully.

I nodded, "Yeah I like it."

The doctor came back in and gave us the photo and I helped my mum off the table and then we left, after scheduling our next appointment for a months time.

We went out for dinner afterwards and had our mother-son bonding time. I think after Ashton left we became closer and that I had grown up more. I had finished high school and was now going to go to college in a month. I had a part time job at a music store in the mall and I liked it.

I liked my life. A stable job, good education, a nice family, and a boyfriend that supported everything I did. Calum and I were still together. I had told him that before the wedding I had slept with Ashton and he was obviously upset and that was our first fight—but we got over it and were still together. It made our relationship stronger.

"Do you ever miss Ashton?" I asked my mum, after finishing my meal.

"Sometimes." Mum pauses, "I miss someone being there. Like to hold me and tell me everything was okay." She tapped her nails on the table. "But I have you and the little baby." She rubbed her stomach fondly.

"But I wouldn't have it any other way."

***

"Pickles and chocolate sauce? Really mum?" I asked, gagging at the combination of foods.

"Don't sass me boy, just get my food." Mum pointed at me and I grabbed my coat and grabbed Calum's hand and tugging him off the sofa.

I pulled him to the front door but I froze as I saw who stood there with their fist raised, ready to knock. "What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I-I came to see you." Ashton muttered, lowering his hand and carding it through his hair lazily.

Calum stood beside me but I held him back, "Hey just go inside for a minute will you?" I turned to Calum, kissing him gently. "I just need to talk to him." Calum sighed before nodding.

I stepped outside and closed the door behind me. "Why are you here? It's been six months now."

"I miss you." Ashton whispered, his hands grabbing mine. "I wanted to ask you to come away with me." He started, "Then we can be together and not have to worry about boyfriends or parents."

I pulled my hands out of his and sighed, "You can't just show up and say you want to run away, Ashton." I told him.

"Why not? It works in the movies." Ashton frowned, his lips forming a pout.

"Ashton, this is real life, not some film." I told him. "I-I think it's best you leave."

After those words, Ashton clung to me. "I don't want to be alone anymore, Luke. I love you." He cried. I could feel my shirt dampening and I didn't know what to do. I wasn't one to comfort people.

"My mum won't talk to me after the wedding and my brother and sister hated me anyway. Jacob thinks Im stupid and he won't listen to me. Just—Just please don't leave me, Luke. You're the only one left." He begged.

My heart swelled but I pushed Ashton away. "I'm sorry Ashton." I held him a shoulders length. "Love isn't enough anymore. You'd understand if you saw my mum."

"L-Luke, p-please. Princess, I love you." When he flung himself at me and kissed me but I shoved him back forcefully and he fell to the floor in a mess of tears.

I heard the door opening behind me and then I saw my mums eyes widen when she saw Ashton. "W-What's he doing here?" She asked, making Ashton look up and he crawled to my mum and clung to her legs like a small child.

"Baby." Ashton cried to my mum. "Don't leave me."

Mum stared at me, "Make him leave, Luke."

I nodded, Calum came outside to help pry a desperate Ashton off of my mum and we led him to the bench that was in front of the house. Once I sat down beside Ashton he wrapped his arms around me and clung to my chest.

Calum called a Taxi and said they'd be here in a few minutes.

So we sat in silence with the occasional sniffle from Ashton, "You were right y'know." Ashton said.

"About what?"

"I should've married your mum, because I could've still have seen you." Ashton mumbled. "I can tell you've grown up."

When the Taxi arrived Ashton clung tighter to me. "Hey, now." I said, picking him up. "You need to forget about me. Go get a cute boyfriend, get married and adopt a kid and live happily ever after. Don't think about me, I'm just some kid who decided it's be fun to fuck my mums boyfriend, but fell in love. Now let's get you home and back to your life."

I got him in to the backseat and did the seatbelt before kissing Ashton's forehead softly and closing the door, "O-Okay." He muttered, after rolling down the window. "F-For you, Lu." He gave me a small smile.

I asked Ashton's address and he said he moved house so I told the Taxi man it and then I watched Ashton drive off for the second time.

This time he wouldn't come back.

I went back in to the house with Calum and my mum sat on the sofa, her arms crossed and pouting. "You still want those pickles?" I asked.

"I want tacos now."

I rolled my eyes before leaving with Calum.

"You don't still love Ashton do you?" Calum asked.

I shook my head, "N-No of course not."

I still had some feelings for the man, you don't just stop loving someone that easily. But I couldn't be with him because my mum and Calum and the fucking baby. If I stayed with Ashton and somehow ended up marrying him, I would be the kids half-brother and step-dad and that's just weird to think about.

So I stayed away.

Maybe if I was single and older, more mature, knowing what I wanted with my life.

Maybe, I could finally be with Ashton with out feeling guilty.

Just, maybe.

-

THE END

Thanks for reading this trash yall