chapter twenty five

THE FADORA IS BACK

30 of you want to be in this story and obviously not all of you will be but I've whittled it down to 13 of you and like they'll be three neighbours, the baby sitter, 2 people working with Luke...

[edited]

-

Mum had wanted me to help in almost every single part of the wedding as she said it was a life skill I'd need for when I got married. It wasn't my own wedding and I hated it because right now I was in a suit store with Ashton and his best man Jacob.

I hated it.

Ashton was walking around shirtless, trying to find a decent shirt. He's such an ass.

He knew I couldn't resist him and whenever he'd catch me staring he'd give me a wink or smirk and it was tearing me apart from the inside, out.

And to top it all off he claimed to not know how to do a tie.

"I don't know how to do it." Jacob admitted, raising his hands in surrender. He turned to me, "Do you, kid?"

I nodded and stood up. I went to stand in front of Ashton and he smiled down at me, all sickly sweet like. "Well hello, Princess." He mumbled and my heart leapt in my chest.

I slowly did his tie, trying to remember how to do it as I hadn't had to since I was fourteen and I went to a Homecoming Dance at school.

"Don't call me that." I muttered sadly.

"Okay c'mon baby. I may be marrying your mum, but we can still do our thing." He smirked but all I did was gag and turn around from him.

"You're disgusting." I told him, harshly.

"Just go try your suit on." Ashton laughed, handing me a smaller version of his black suit.

I went in to changing rooms, locking the door behind me and putting the suit on. I was putting on the blazer when my phone began to ring.

I picked it up when seeing Calum's name and the photo being him kissing my cheek. It was an old photo, from last year.

"Hello." I smiled in to the phone.

"Hi, babe." Calum chirped. "Where are you? I wanted to take you out with Mikey."

I sighed, "I'm trying on suits with Ashton and his best man."

"Don't let him do shit." Calum's voice hardened and he huffed, "If he even tries to go near you, I'll kill him." He threatened.

"I promise; nothing will happen, Cal." I assured him, "Where did you wanna take me?" I asked, changing the subject.

"We were just gonna go skating at the park, the girl Michael's trying to impress is there." Calum chuckled.

"Okay, he's still hung up over Angela then?" Calum laughed and said yes as I slipped on the tie. "Hey, I gotta go Cal, I'll text you when I'm home, yeah?"

"Yeah, that's fine. I love you." I told him goodbye before hanging up. I put my phone down and finished getting dressed.

I left the changing room and Ashton and Jacob smiled at me.

"You look good." Jacob said, with a grin. I liked him, he was nice but because he was friends with Ashton he wasn't as great.

"You look hot." I glared at Ashton and he rolled his eyes, "Get over it, Luke."

"Oh fuck off." I scoffed. "This fits fine, I'll have it." I told him before going back to change.

I put on my shirt and jeans, followed by my Ghost Busters SnapBack. I put on my shoes again and hung up the suit and was about to leave the dressing room when I heard Ashton and Jacob talking quietly.

"—the fuck you propose?" I head Jacob whisper shout.

"I don't know, I was freaking out over Luke telling me he loved me." Ashton replied, he sounded distressed and nervous.

"So you're gonna marry the kids mum?" Jacob snorted. "You're a fucking idiot. You've lost Luke, and he'll never take you back now."

I licked my lips before I finally left the changing room. "Shall we go?" I asked the two of them, they were both dressed normally again. Ashton took the suit off of me, his hand grazing mine.

Ashton went to pay for it with the money my mum had been given by my Grandad. Jacob and I stayed back and waited as we were closer to the exit. "He knows he screwed up by proposing." Jacob said quietly.

"It doesn't matter now, I-I moved on." I said...I wasn't completely telling the truth. I did move on but not completely. I wish I could. But I can't. It's harder than you think.

"He's knows that now." Jacob sighed, "After your friends came to his house, he came to me and he was a mess, Luke."

I looked down at my feet nervously. "It was his own fault."

Jacob hesitated, "He said he loved you..." I looked up at him in shock. "I'm telling the truth." He said before Ashton came to us.

"Should we get you home then?" Ashton asked. I nodded hesitantly and we left the shop to Ashton's car.

Ashton drove me home and I gave him a small smile as he drove away. I went inside my house and eyes widened when seeing Calum and Michael sitting on the sofa with my mum, laughing and joking.

"Oh, hi Luke." Mum smiled, sipping her tea.

Calum turned around from where he sat on the sofa, "Hi babe." He grinned. "We came over and your mum made us lemonade and cake." He giggled.

I smiled and walked over to my mum, "Here's the suit." I handed it to her and she grinned and stood up, she took the suit and walked up the stairs after kissing my cheek.

"Was everything okay?" Michael asked, "With Ashton, I mean."

I nodded. "He was calling me the nickname he use to, but I told him to fuck off." I chuckled with a shrug and sat on Calum's lap, making him wrap his arms around me.

"What did he call you?" Calum asked.

"He called me Princess." I told him, "He mostly said it when we were having sex, though." I shrugged, wrapping my arms around Calum's neck and kissing his cheek. "But I'd much rather be your princess."

"I don't wanna call you a nickname he did." Calum scrunched his nose in disgust. "Can't I just call you honey bug or something?" He giggled.

"The fuck is a honey bug?" I snorted.

"Lucas, no swearing." Mum told me, coming in to the room and slapping the back of my head. "You may be sixteen but you're under my roof still."

I nodded and rolled my eyes, "Should we get going to the skate park then?" I asked my friends and we nodded and we all grabbed our boards and took off.

***

"So he's just gonna use bad pick up lines until he pulls?" I snorted at Michaels plan. "He's gonna fail." I laughed.

"I know he will." Calum laughed, from where he sat behind me.

I was seated in between Calum's legs with my back against his chest and his arms around my waist, his hands entwined with mine.

"Has he said the nacho cheese one yet?" I asked Calum, moving my head up to look at him.

"I think so." I giggled and Calum kissed my head softly.

"When is our date?" I asked Calum, leaning my head back on his shoulder. "Like my mum and Ashton have a rehearsal dinner on Saturday night." I frowned. God, I'm going to hate that.

"Friday?" He asked and I nodded.

"That's fine."

-

they'll be a shock in the next chapter