Acceptance

Previously: "Uh...I have a letter from UA for a Miss Y/n Kayama. Is she here?"

The moment he said that my eyes lit up. 'Okay y/n! Stay calm you don't want to scare the poor man.'

"That would be me. Thank you!"

"You take care now. Good luck with your studies!"

With that, I shut the door and make my way to my room. Mom was busy doing whatever. I sat on my bed to open my UA letter.

Y/n's POV

"Ok, time to find out my results."
I ripped open the letter and out popped a strange metal disc. Seconds later a holographic screen popped up.

"Booyah! I am here as a projection now!"

"Ah! Uncle Toshi? Why are you-?"

"I know it's been a while, but with great power comes a great amount of paperwork! My apologies young (y/n). The truth is I didn't come to this city just to fight villains. You're looking at the newest UA faculty member!"

"No way! Congrats Uncle Toshi! I'm so happy for you!"

"Thank you! Huh? Yes, what's the matter? Who's showboating? Oh sorry, I'll wrap it up but I have to tell her something first! Wait, I have to do how many of these things!?" *sigh*

I couldn't help but laugh at my uncle's goofiness. I'll admit it was kinda cool that my uncle was gonna be one of my teachers. 'This is gonna be interesting.' I continue to listen.

"Right! So moving on, you passed the written test with a perfect score and got 48 combat points in the practical exam."

'Dammit! I fucked up! I was sure I got more points than that! I bet mom thinks I'm a failure. Why...Why...why am I so weak! Training for 10 months and all I get is a measly 48 combat points! Dammit...why can't I just stop fucking up everything I do...man, I suck. I hope mom can forgive me for not making it into UA.'

Feeling like I let mom down I began to cry. Nonetheless, I continue to listen to my uncle speak.

"Fortunately, there were other factors. You see the practical exam was not graded on combat alone. How could a hero course reject someone who has committed to saving others no matter the consequences to themself. After all, that's what makes a hero, and that's what my alma mater is all about, training those who would risk their lives for the greater good. So, we have rescue points. A panel of judges watches and they award points for heroic acts beyond just fighting villains. (Y/n) Kayama! 60 rescue points! You passed the exam."

"I-I-I passed? I passed...Yahoo! I passed! If I add 48+60... I get 108 points! That means I got first place!"

'I can't believe it! I actually fucking passed! And here I was about to start packing and move to America in fear of mom disowning me and bringing dishonor to her. Oh yeah! I can't wait for my hero training to begin! I'm gonna show my classmates {whoever they are} what a future pro hero looks like.'

"Welcome (Y/n) Kayama! To your hero academia!"

With that, the video ends. I sigh in relief and flop down on my bed. I started to cry tears of joy. After 5 minutes of happy crying, I wiped my tear-stained face and got off my bed. I looked at my clock it read; 7:23 pm.

'Crap. I need to make dinner!'

I immediately ran to the kitchen to start on dinner for me and mom. I decided to make veggie curry with rice. 'I can't wait to tell mom the good news. Thank god for the rescue points. They really saved my ass.'