Chapter 4: Questions

Aoba Johsai POV

When Iwazumi and Oikawa had told the coach they had to miss practice, they were sure he'd take their heads off. But he didn't, thankfully. So with his permission they waited outside the gym for Hinata. They had just started to get worried, that he ran away, when they saw him turn the corner headed their way.

"Hey Chibi-chan I started getting worried you decided to run away." Oikawa greeted "Now that you're here we can get going"

"Going?" Hinata asked, confused.

"Yeah we want to have a chat so we figured we could go to a cafe......" Oikawa then noticed HInata didn't really want to go. He added "...unless you rather go inside and play some volleyball?"

"Okay let's go to the cafe..." Hinata frowned a bit in defeat knowing that he'd lost.

So the three left school and headed towards a cafe Oikawa and Iwazumi went to frequently.

Hinata POV

I hadnt meant to agree to coming after school but I had wanted to get out of there quickly so I did. I could have ran away but I would just have them trying to corner me again tomorrow. They probably will ask what happened in the hallway, I'm sure they realized I was having a panic attack about whatever happened to me. I have no clue what to say though I need to come up with something quickly. When we reached the cafe we sat down and they said I could order water, but I wasn't really hungry so I just ordered a soda. However oikawa wouldn't have it and ordered my piece of cake also.

"So Hinata how was school?" Iwazumi asked after a few minutes of silence.

"Fine I guess...How was your guys day?" I didn't really care but I thought it was nice to ask.

"When they both said they had a good day we sat in quiet again till our drinks and snake arrived.

"So....Aoba Johsai" Oikawa said once the server left. "What made you transfer?"

"My mom got a promotion, and along with a few... uh...other things going on she decided it was best to move...." It wasn't technically a lie but wasn't the whole truth either.

"What does your team think of your moving?" Oikawa asked, causing me to cringe a bit at the thought of my old team.

Aoba Johsai POV

Hinata flinched when Iwazumi asked about his old team, and that was all the answer they needed to know he hadn't told him about moving. So they weren't in the slightest surprised when the smaller boy pierced his lips and said no, looking down at his soda instead of at them.

"Why didn't you tell them?" Oikawa asked

"I-I uh... just couldn't......"

Oikawa and Iwazumi shared a glance, Hinata looked simultaneously sad and scared. Whatever was haunting him had n\to do with his tea.

"So why don't you want to play volleyball anymore?" Iwazumi asked to take the lead this time.

"Oh well....I just want to um focus on school for now." Hinata lied to them.

Iwazumi frowned and called him out on lying and ended up getting a wide eyed Hinata looking at him. When Hinata fed them another half lie about not wanting to play without his team, both Oikawa and Iwazumi had had enough. They were about to call him out on it when Hinata's phone started ringing. Looking at his phone Hinata said that he had to take it, that it was his mom, and flipped the phone open.

"Hello?" Hinata asked into the phone cheerfully, fake cheerfully.

"Yeah I can pick her up. I'll head that way now." Hinata hung up the phone and then looked towards them "Sorry that was my mom, she wants me to go pick up my sister so I gotta go."

Hinata looked so happy as he stood up, but neither Oikawa nor Iwazumi were done talking with him and decided to go get his sister with him.

Hinata POV

I was so glad when my mom called asking me to get Nats, however it was short-lived when Iwazumi and Oikawa decided to go with me. So we left our money on the table, and walked in silence to her preschool. Natsu was waiting outside with her class and when she saw me she immediately came running.

"Nii-chan!" Natsu called when she reached me running into a hug as I knelt down for her.

"Hey Natsu, how was school?" I asked, smiling brightly at her.

"It was so fun!" She replied jumping up and down and showing her own bright smile. Then noticing Oikawa and Iwazumi she tilted her head and looked at me, "Who are they Nii-chan?"

"Why hello prince," Oikawa then knelt down smiling at Natsu "Oikawa and Iwazumi were friends of your brothers."

"Hi," Natsu greeted shyly, looking at Oikawa as she hid herself in my arms. Seeing her reaction I could tell that Oikawa was hurt by her shyness, he'd probably never been shied away from before, and it took everything I had not to laugh.

"So I gotta take Natsu home now...I guess I'll see you at school tomorrow." I said trying and failing to get away but to no avail. Instead I was stuck with them, as they invited themselves over to my house.

Oikawa POV

I hadn't imagined Hinata as a big brother, but when the tiny fiery haired ginger ran into his arms it seemed right. Though I was a bit hurt when she hid herself in her big brother's arms away from me. And when Hinata tried to use taking his sister as an excuse to get away from us, neither Iwazumi nor I allowed it.

"So Natsu, what's your favorite thing about school?" I asked, trying everything I could to get the mini Hinata to talk to me. However she just ignored me hugging her brother, who was carrying her in front of us, tighter. With each try Iwazumi laughed at me more and more.

"Iwa-chan mean!" I pouted but only got more laughter in response, but this time it came from the mini Hinata. She thought Iwa-chan laughing at my failed attempts was funny.

"Natsu it's not nice to laugh at people." Hinata said in front of me.

"Chibi-chan!" I exclaimed happily.

"On second thought laugh all you want Natsu." he said, after hearing my nickname for him, making both Natsu and Iwaizumi laugh.