Chapter 30: Family

Aoba Johsai POV

"We're dating" Oikawa exclaimed loudly while walking into the gym. He was holding SHouyous hand, raising it proudly, with Iwaizumi on the Hinata's other side doing the same.

"Your dating?" Matsukawa asked "As in the three of you?"

"Yes!" Oikawa beamed even brighter

"About damn time" Hanamaki said rolling his eyes, and the others nodded in agreement

No one was surprised. Oikawa and Iwaizumi had practically been stuck to Hinata's side. And if they were being honest watching them like each other while not having done anything, it had been annoying the hell out of all of them.

"Great now that that's out of the way why don't you all go change so we can get to what we're actually here for, you know practice!" Coach yelled, and they went to go get changed.

After Practice

"Hey Hinata I was meaning to ask, why do you always go to the bathroom and change?" Kunimi asked once back in the locker rooms, Hinata had just started to go to the bathroom like always

"Oh um well....." Hinata couldn't think of a lie and ended of stammering

"Just leave him be Kunimi, maybe Hinata is just really shy." Matsukawa said

"No before when he was with Karasuno, I remember him changing with the rest of the team in the middle of the gym out of his shirt and into his jersey..." Kunimi said and then looked at Hinata "So why do you go to the bathroom to change?"

The others, having heard Kunimi's reasoning, had gathered around in interest. They too had thought it was weird Hinata went to the bathroom to change, except none of them had asked. Hinata was now stuttering not knowing what to say, and not paying much attention to his surroundings, otherwise he might have noticed two of the third years come up behind him. Matsukawa grabbed Hinata's arms and held them up, while Hanamaki pulled his shirt up. Then the whole team froze.

Iwaizumi and Oikawa walked in then, they had to talk with the coach so they hadn't been there to stop it. They froze taking in the sight in front of them.

"What the hell is going on here?" Iwaizumi snapped out of shock first, going over and pulling Shouyou's shirt down and pulling his arms out of Matasukawas grasp, once Shouyou was free he regained his senses and darted off to the bathroom.

"Oh god i'm so sorry...." Kunimi said there were tears starting to sting his eyes "We had wanted to know why Hinata went to the bathroom to change, I-I didn't expect..." He couldn't finish

"You didn't expect him to have a good reason for not wanting to change infront of everyone?" Oikawa glared at him and then turned to his two friends "And why the hell would you two think it would be okay to do that? Whether you had a reason or not, you don't just go around lifting peoples shirts up!" They all flinched back at Oikawa's anger

"Are they...Is all of....The cuts on his arms?" Matsukawa asked sheepishly

"Do you really need me to answer that?" Oikawa glared at him and then him and Iwaizumi went to go check on Hinata, leaving the team in shocked silence with their thoughts.

Hinata POV

"Shouyou come out..." Tooru said from the other side of the door, but I didn't move. I couldn't move. I sat on the floor, knees drawn to my chest crying. They had seen.

"Please open the door Shouyou." Hajime said, he sounded so worried.

Reluctantly I crawled over to the door and unlocked it. As soon as I had they came inside, hugging me.

"It's okay Shouyou, it's all okay," Tooru said, running his fingers through my hair.

"Th-they saw..." I sobbed "They all saw!" I held them tighter crying.

"HInata...." Tooru and Hajime hadnt shut the door! The team had followed them, and now stood looking at the three huddled on the floor, until Hajime promptly kicked the door shut with a loud bang.

Aoba Johsai

Iwaizumi had kicked the door shut, it had been an obvious sign to go the hell away. The team didn't want to leave, instead sat quietly in the locker room. They needed to apologise, but they would let them calm him down first.

"Kunimi you couldn't have known..." Kindaichi said to his crying friend

"I should have left it alone." Kunimi responded bitterly "We all knew something was up with him. We've known since he transferred, and yet I just had to ask." Kunimi sobbed some more into his hands, he felt horrible.

"It's not your fault..." Matsukawa said placing a hand on his shoulder "All you did was ask a question....we're the ones who took it too far."

"We shouldn't have done that..." Hanamaki said looking to the ground, he was ashamed

"Do you....do you think they are...those marks are from..." Kunimi tried to say it but he was stumbling trying to get them out "...are from him.....old teammates?" He barely whispered the last words, but everyone heard them.

They sat in silence again after that, all of them too afraid to think of the answer. But at the same time they were dying to know. Hoping beyond hope that it wasn't true. They sat like that for a long while, and almost missed when the others had come out of the bathroom.

"Hinata...." Kunimi said, noticing them first "I'm so sorry."

"We all are..." Matsukawa said and the others nodded

"It's okay..." Hinata mumbled looking at the ground

"Hinata...those scars..." Kunimi said tears filling his eyes again

"I would rather not talk about it..." Hinata moved to his locker to grab his bag, but before he could Kunimi was hugging him. After a second of hesitation Hinata hugged him back.

"I'm so sorry...." Kunimi cried into his shoulder

"It's okay, you didn't mean any harm by it." Hinata said trying to calm his friend, he felt bad for not telling him.

"Hinata please..." Kunimi pulled back looking him in the eyes "Please tell us...it hurts to know you're hurting. And it may be stepping over the line but we're your family, we love you and we want to be there for you."

"Family?" Hinata asked

"Yeah your family. Teams are like a big family."

Hinata's eyes went wide, he was completely shocked. When he looked at the others on the team they all nodded agreeing with what Kunimi had said. They were his family. They cared for him, and seeing him hurting caused them to hurt too. Hinata started crying again, nodding, and hugged Kunimi tightly.