Chapter 36: Domestic Life

Hinata POV

I woke up wrapped in their arms, like I had many times before, but this time was slightly different. I couldn't say how really, but it was. And that difference made me extremely happy. I tried to wiggle from between them, but my moves sent pain through my back and then further down, I hurt to the point that I didn't want to move.

"Are you okay Shouyou?" Hajime asked from behind me

"Yeah.." I hissed as I moved to look at him, having pain shoot up my spin "Just a bit sore."

"Shouyou you shouldn't lie about your pain" Tooru said as he sat up, Hajime snorted at the irony in his words, but I could see he nodded in agreement

"I'm fine really, sure my ass hurts like hell right now, but it's nothing much." I said reaching up and moved his hair out of his eyes, smiling at him "I'm happy and don't regret it at all"

Tooru leaned down and kissed me, and then got up saying he would be right back. I looked at Hajime but he shrugged, not knowing what he was doing either. We didn't have to wait long, he came back after a few minutes. He had a pitcher with water and glasses, some snacks, and a few other things clutched in his arms. I laughed at him, he looked like he was about to drop everything from caring too much.

Oikawa POV

Shouyou was in pain, and I wanted to do anything I could to lessen it. I set the things I grabbed on the table in my room. I poured each of us some water, handing the other two their cups, and then grabbed the bottle of aspirin and handed two pills to Shouyou. I tossed the snacks their way, grabbed my cup of water and laptop and our movie, and then walked over and joined them. We easily situated ourselves, opened bags of chips and settled into watching the movie.

We stayed that way till dinner, when our need for real food took over. Shouyou was feeling better, being able to move without wincing, but I could tell he was still sore. I tried to insist he get some more sleep while Iwaizumi and I made dinner, but he denied that and didn't give in, and instead he took the lead in making dinner. I was surprised he could cook so well, but also found it extremely hot. Iwaizumi must have too because we let him do what he wanted in the kitchen and mostly sat and watched in awe.

"This is amazing Shouyou!" I practically yelled "How did you learn to cook like this?"

"I normally do the cooking at home," He said looking down and blushing. "Mom worked late a lot before we moved, so I would cook dinner after getting home from practice."

"That's amazing." Iwaizumi said smiling, and then we shared a look, I'm sure we were thinking similar thoughts on how he would be a great husband one day.

"Thank you." Shouyou beamed at us, happy we liked his cooking.

The rest of the weekend went smoothly, we watched more movies and practiced. It was nice spending time alone together. And I didnt want to see him leave on Sunday, and since he didnt want to leave either, so with a quick phone call to his mom and a lot of convincing he stayed one more night. We promised to all go to bed early, and that we would be ontime for school the next day. And we would, Iwaizumi would make sure of that.

"It feels oddly domestic doesn't it?" I said as I combed through Shouyou;s hair, he was out cold between us.

"Yeah it dose." Iwaizumi agreed, smiling down at Shouyou and then looking back at me "I'm gonna miss sleeping like this tomorrow night."

"Yeah..." I agreed "It just seems so normal for us to be sleeping next to each other.

We stayed up talking a while longer. About how nice this was, about school, and how the Spring High Playoffs would be coming up soon. Our conversation went on and on about important things and unimportant things. But really we were both trying to spend as much time in this moment, hoping it would last longer. Too soon though we went to sleep, knowing that we had school tomorrow, not to mention we had to keep our promise to Mrs.Hinata.