Chapter 37: Spring High Playoffs Pt.1

Aoba Johsai

"Okay guys practice is over. Remember to get here by 5:30 in the morning to check in, if you're late we leave you." Coach Irihata said

With that their last practice before the Spring High Playoffs tomorrow were over. They headed into the locker room, and everyone was talking animatedly about tomorrow, everyone but their ball of sunshine

"Is something wrong Hinata?" Kunimi asked noticing how quiet he was

"Not really..." Hinata replied not looking at his friends, the rest of the team had looked at them when Kunimi asked his question, and they all heard the lie.

"Shouyou I thought you said you wouldn't keep things from us?" Iwaizumi said going over, with Oikawa right behind him, to their boyfriend. "Did something happen?"

"Nothing happened, not really it's just..." Hinata bit his lip looking away from their gaze, then he held out his arms in front of them "I just haven't played a real game since everything happened....and because it's an official game I won't be able to wear a long sleeve shirt... so everyone's gonna see my arms..."

The team instantly understood. The cuts on his arms, the evidence that he not only just cut himself but that he had tried to kill himself. In practices and even in practice matches he could cover them up, now though with an official game he couldn't. Everyone would see them, everyone would know at least part of what he's been going through. No one knew what to say, nor did they have a way to help him, but Hinata must have known they wouldn't because he smiled at each of them.

"It's okay guys... I knew when I joined it would happen eventually, I just have to come to terms with it." Hinata's smile was sad, and there were tears in his eyes, and his words shocked his teammates who still had no clue what to say.

Hinata left then, saying how his mom was picking him up and he didn't want to make her wait. He had kissed his boyfriends goodbye and left leaving his teammates, who were still staring at him in, alone.

Are we sure he can't wear a long sleeve shirt, like maybe if we all wore one too?" Kunimi asked, after the shock finally wore off.

"No, because it's not part of the uniform." Iwaizumi said, and then noticing Kunimi about to ask something else he added "I already asked about making it part of the uniforms and we can't."

"Oh." Kunimi said deflating

"What about sweatbands?" Kindachi asked after a few minutes of thought

"He can, and we got him some in case he does, but they only cover a small portion of his wrists, we looked for longer ones but couldn't find any.." Oikawa answered.

"Maybe he could have one of the managers cover them with makeup or something." Kyotani said as he packed his things into his bag, the rest of the team stared at him "What?" he asked

"That's a great idea, Mad Dog!" Oikawa ran over to him "How did you think of it? No nevermind it doesn't matter i'm going to go ask them right now!" He then raced out of the locker room, Iwaizumi chasing after him.

The Next Day

Hinata POV

When they told me the plan I was so happy, I lept and hugged Kyotani and yelled my thank you. Then I hugged Suzuki, our manager, saying my thanks but in a much quieter manner. She told me she wasn't sure how well it would stay on. I was still so happy there was a chance they wouldn't be seen.

"Hinata!" Someone called as we were about to walk to the locker room, it was Suga

"Hey Suga!" I said smiling and I went to walk to him to have Matsukawa step in front of me