Chapter 16: Bad News

Hinata POV

School was going well, school was going well, and I was happy. I even started talking openly with Mrs.Yuji about some of what happened. In short these last few weeks were great, until Coach Irihata told us we were going to a training camp in Tokyo. Nekoma's coach, Coach Nekomata, had invited them to spend a few days at their training camp next week. He didn't have to listen when he said who all would be there other then, he knew. He'd been to training camp with them before.

"Hinata are you okay?" Oikawa asked, touching my shoulder. I had heard the coach dismiss us,ending practice, but I couldn't move. I was going to training camp and I knew there were gonna be issues. I nodded to Oikawa, he was obviously worried, and started making my way to the locker rooms.

"You don't have to come, you know, '' Oikawa said following behind me, Iwaizumi not far behind.

"Yes he does, no way coach would let him miss." Iwaizumi said, hitting Oikawa in the head for even suggesting I could.

"If HInata doesn't want to go I'll get the coach to approve of him skipping." Oikawas stated

"I'll go..." I said quietly before grabbing my clothes and going to change in the bathroom.

Aoba Johsai POV

Oikawa and Iwaizumi were having a hushed argument in the corner, their team watching them curiously. Hinata had just gone off to change, and the argument got even more heated but they were still quiet about it.

"That's it, what 's wrong?" Hanamaki said, drawing their eyes.

"Nothing!" Oikawa and Iwaizumi snapped together and then glared at each other.

"Yeah sure 'nothing' ,why don't you share with the group so nothing can be resolved." Matsukawa said, stepping up this time.

"It's nothing really" Iwaizumi spoke alone this time "We were just talking about the training camp"

"What about the training camp?" Yahaba prodded this time. "Is it about Karasuno being there?"

"Yeah...we were just talking about how odd it will be for Chibi-chan" Oikawa said

The team needed in thought, Hinata had been at Karasuno would it be weird to be playing against them? When Hinata walked back in, after changing in the bathroom, they eyed him trying and failing to be inconspicuous.

"Is something wrong?" HInata asked to the group

"Well we were just wondering if you'd be okay playing against your old team?" Matsukawa asked after no one spoke for a minute, everyone watching keenly and noticed how Hinata flinched slightly at the question.

Hinata thought about lying saying he was fine but decided his new team deserved the truth "I'm not sure, if i'm being honest. It's weird..." He looked down at the floor then not sure what else to say.

"It's okay Hinata," Kunimi said, placing a hand on his shoulder. "We understand, thanks for being honest." When Hinata looked up the team smiled reassuringly at him. They understood.

Hinata POV

I texted Kenma when I got home, I had been reluctant to text him after everything happened but I needed my best friend. I told him about moving, and while he asked about why he didn't push when I said I didn't want to talk about it. And he was happy for me when I told him I joined the volleyball team.

To:Kenma

Subject:Training Camp

Message:

Kenma! Seijo got invited to your training camp, i'm excited to see you next week but also nervous.....can we talk while i'm there?

From:Kenma

Subject: Re;Training Camp

Message:

Coach told us you were coming today, of course we can talk when you get here

I quickly sent a thank you and said goodnight before closing my phone. I laid there trying to sleep but was unable to. Karasuno was going to be there...