NF

The last and the least known person I will talk about is NF. I feel ashamed that I had no idea who he was after a decade of listening to rap music. I found him through Eminem. I was checking videos with all the people he fired back at in his latest album, Kamikazee, and there was a big question: Did Eminem diss NF? (diss is the short form of the word disrespect, a common term for rap music). So I went to check who NF was. And then I stayed. Before I talk about him more, I remember that I even wrote to him. I will copy that here. It is most natural thing I can do to express how much he helped me. I just felt like writing him. The 0,1% chances of him to respond did not even matter.

02.09.2018, 18:29

George

"Hello. I dont know how available you are or how many messages like this you receive. I just wanted to tell that I've only heard about you like for 2 hours. (Eminem mentioning you rumors) and I was curious, and I played some songs, and..I m impressed. Besides flow and creativity, the message got me into it, as you mentioned "being real". I didn't expect some things to be so relatable: anxiety? self doubt? depression? hard on yourself? overthinking? It's a very select zone, it's hard to understand unless you've been through such. Anyway, I already feel sort of close to you, as a friend, just through the music, through idk, empathy? You helped me a bit, you helped others way more. Keep doing your thing. You nail it. I don't even know if this will get a response or not but I already feel good that I was naturally driven to write this to you. "

To my surprise, this was not the only text.

08.08.2019, 19:56

George

"Thank you for everything you do, you helped and still do millions of people like me. I'll always feel grateful for Linkin Park, You, NF, Bring Me The Horizon, Twentyone pilots and Em to some degree. It feels like through music I have a best friend, someone who understands, and this is highly important, if it hadn't been for it, I would have thought I'm legit crazy for the way I think and feel. I really hope you'll find what you need in life and enjoy it the best you can. "

Like every person mentioned in this chapter, he went through a lot too. It is so nice of them to use that as inspiration and help others. I try to do this too to some degree with this. NF's mother passed away. How could you leave us is a song that speaks exactly about this. To this day, I still have listened only once to that song. The story is too sad and I cannot imagine and do not even want to think about how it would be if I was in his shoes. He spoke in some interviews about this song and the fact that most of the times when he performs this song live, he cries. But most of his songs are about emotions and feelings. Being the most recent best friend I know, he was with me in my last difficult moments. During my last breakdown, I had the song Paralyzed on repeat. It was an accurate description of how I was feeling and it calmed me down a little. To be honest, I do not ever want to listen to that song again. More exactly, I do not ever want again to be in the same place mentally where this songs is relatable. It is the saddest rap song I know. If I think about it, even though the causes of sadness are various, the effects are similar. So I did not get through the same problems as he did when he wrote the song, but I felt it highly relatable because of how he described he felt. NF is a similar case to Twentyonepilots' when it comes to growth. It was a wholesome feeling to see one of his latest songs trending #1 on Youtube. He is popular, he has songs with hundreds million views yet a lot of people do not know him, not even from those who enjoy rap, like me. Oh, I wrote a little bit earlier about connections. It made me smile when I heard in one of NF's called Know songs a reference of Twentyonepilots.

I like to check the comment's sections of the songs I listen to, so when I did this for this song, the most popular comments were about this line. Both fan bases came together for this song. One thing I highly admire NF for and I also think deserves respect from a rhyming point of view is that he had never cursed in his songs. Yet he has energy and positive aggression similar to Eminem's.