taetae is cornered :c

A/N: yikes its rlly been forever ahskdkd (hides in shame) but thank you all for the continued support! uwu I'm thinking of wrapping this story up soon, soo please do stay tuned! i love each and every one of you guys so much <3 also, with everything that's going on right now, please do remember to support #blacklivesmatter movement, because they do matter! spread love guys, links to all the petitions and cards can be easily found on twitter!! and i love you guys so very much! :')

Taehyung took a step back, and ducked behind a tree just as he heard his group walk past. 

All of a sudden, Taehyung felt nothing but shame wash through him. He realised he didn't want this, he didn't want them to see him like this. 

So, he hid. 

Hearing the pitter patter of their footsteps go by and their laughter, Taehyung felt his heart squeeze and clench. 

Another sudden realisation struck him.

"O-oh," he blinked and breathed deeply, "they must be happy right now," Taehyung tried keeping his sobs in, and quickly forced himself to turn the other way.

Faced with a newfound determination, he thought that he would never let them find out about anything and would do everything in his power to keep the happy smiles on their faces.

It was time for him to grow up and mature. He couldn't let himself burden or weigh the group down at any cost. 

Taehyung tiptoed out of his hiding spot and crept back to his room. Without even second of delay, Taehyung thought to himself that it was the only right thing to do.

Shedding off the jacket, Taehyung grabbed the concealer and caked it on the bruises. Flinching every time he applied pressure, Taehyung bit down on his bottom lip and put it on determinedly. 

"Taehyung-ah, don't cry! Let's do this!" he gave himself a pep talk and cheered himself on. 

With every stroke of the makeup brush, Taehyung felt his urge to cry increase. 

But, he brushed the stray tears away. He carefully applied what he could to hide the injuries and wore a cap. He took a final look of himself in the mirror and saw his reflection staring right back at him. 

Lifting up the corners of his lips, Taehyung realised it just wasn't how his usual way of smiling was. Desperate to not raise any suspicions, Taehyung used his hands and pulled at the corners of his face until he could even resemble a fragment of who he was before.

"It's not much," Taehyung thought, "But this will have to do." and he turned on his heel.

Taehyung quickly left his room for the second time that day and began making his way to meet Bangtan. 

Taehyung walked briskly, all the while making sure to pay attention to his expression. After all, k-media were full of workers trying to get an easy break. A simple disinterested gaze or a cold look could result in rumors of ex-girlfriends scattering about, which was everything but what Taehyung had wanted right now.

Rounding the corner, Taehyung spotted his family just a distance away from him. Seeing the happy looks on their faces, Taehyung's face automatically broke into a smile.

A painful, bittersweet smile tinged with slight relief. 

Yet, the moment he noticed them getting quiet, Taehyung waved his hand and called out, "Hyung-nim! Kook-ah!" 

Taehyung schooled his features into a neutral smile, but he quickly broke out into one of his boxy smiles. 

Who knew just one day away from them would cause him to miss them so much?

Taehyung grunted from the weight of Jimin crashing into him, while the others ran over, with the exception of Yoongi and Jin.

"Taehyung-ah! How's everything going?" came the concerned looks and chattering of his family.

Taehyung looked at their expressions full of worry and affection, and he couldn't help but feel a very familiar warmth growing in the pit of his stomach. 

Taehyung closed his eyes for a moment and looked up. Desperately forcing back the desire to tell someone and the urge for tears to begin falling, Taehyung quickly looked back at them when he regained control of his features and emotions and hugged them back all very tightly.

"Taetae missed all of his hyungies very much!" giving a cute grin to them, he bumped shoulders with Hoseok, who stood the closest beside him, just next to Jimin. 

"So, don't worry, okay?" Taehyung did his best to be convincing, and the audible sighs of collective relief was proof of how much it worked.

The hyungs and Jungkook's minds were put to rest, with the exception of a few.

Yoongi narrowed his eyes and clucked his tongue, "Taehyung-ah, are you sure you're okay?" 

Taehyung felt himself slightly freeze, but he quickly regained his composure and replied, "Yes, of course, hyung! What could possibly be wrong with me?" 

Snuggling up to him, Taehyung grinned and batted his eyelids, "Could it be you're possibly worried about me?" 

Yoongi grunted and pushed his head away, without any real force behind it, of course.

"Brat, don't take advantage of your hyung's concern here." Yoongi shot back, yet the supposed cold effect was daunted by his soft tone and gentle hands caressing the top of Taehyung's head. 

Taehyung sniffed and breathed in the comforting scent of his hyung, of Daegu, and he closed his eyes once again, "I would never hyung, I wouoldn't dare too."

Namjoon, looking at their interaction, coughed awkwardly and said, "You know what, maybe I should go and see this director and the crew. Pay my respects to him as Bangtan's leader, after all."

Taehyung's eyes shot open in panic. If anything, anything, please don't let him set his sights on another member, please. One was more than enough. 

Unconsciously gripping Yoongi's shirt tighter, Taehyung's eyes shot open as he loudly whispered, "No!"

This sudden hostile reaction would have left everyone in shock and even more worry, so Taehyung held it in. 

Instead, he released his hold on Yoongi's shirt and made his way over to Namjoon. 

"Joonie-hyungie, you don't have to do that, it's really fine." He tried to soothe his concerns, "The directors are extremely nice to me, really and so is everyone on se."

Noticing he was still unconvinced, Taehyung bit his bottom lip and tugged on his shirt.

He hated doing this, but Taehyung knew he had to in order to protect him. 

Continuing on, Taehyung said softly, "Plus, I'm not supposed to be V from BTS right now, Joon-hyung. I know you're worried, but I want him to see me as Kim Taehyung, a normal first try actor." 

Seeing Namjoon's eyes soften, Taehyung knew he was successful in appealing to him and smiled gently, "I'm really fine." 

At this, Seokjin cut in, "Yeah, let the kid live, Joon-ah. If he says he's okay, he's okay." 

Namjoon's once warm eyes turned slightly cold, "Well, I have ears and I heard him say so, so I'll take his word for it." 

Jin clucked his tongue and ripped Taehyung away from Namjoon. He placed his hands on the other's cheeks, making sure he was unable to look anywhere else. 

"Look, are you sure you're okay, Tae-ah?" Jin made sure he bore his eyes into the other, such that even a single time he looked away, Jin would raise hell. 

Taehyung simply smiled back, creasing his eyes, "Yes, of course I'm fine hyung!"

Then he quickly frowned, "But what's happening between you and Namjoon-hyung?"

At the sound of this, Jin quickly let go of  his shoulders and stared at the other in annoyance.

"Well, would you like to do the honors?" he maintained his glare at Namjoon and crossed his arms. 

Grumbling slightly, Namjoon faced the other direction. 

A tense silence followed.