thirty-seven

The last update (now deleted) was a joke, an April fools. This is the real chapter so calm down y'all.

Also, please read the Author's note. It's important.

"Is it about this incident, yes or no?", Jungkook asked with crossed arms after Taehyung stepped aside to let him inside of the apartment, uncomfortably closing the door before turning to his boyfriend. "How do you know a-about this?", Taehyung stuttered out, not wanting that the man would be worried.

And he also didn't want to talk about it to Jungkook because of the things the attacker has told him. Because it seemed like Jungkook has known him, or else he wouldn't have given Taehyung a warning. "A-and how do y-you know I was here? Are you spying on me?", Taehyung boldly asked and Jungkook whipped around.

"I'm not spying on you, I'm simply taking care of your safety since you seem to fail to do that", Jungkook hissed, worry visible in his tone but Taehyung still flinched. "I didn't want to leave you, though... I just needed some time alone to think about... well this", Taehyung gestured into the air without looking at Jungkook.

"And I'm capable of taking care of myself too, Jungkook."

"Oh yes? Then how could this happen, huh? You ran right into his arms, one minute later and my man had to do something!", Jungkook exclaimed heatedly and time froze for Taehyung. His heartbeat quickened while he stared shocked at hos boyfriend who closed his mouth, pressing his lips together into a tight line.

"You made someone follow me?", Taehyung whispered out lowly, he couldn't believe it. He thought Jungkook would trust him, but his fear once again was confirmed. He had a reason to be afraid of Jungkook and that pained him more than anything else. He didn't want to be afraid of his own boyfriend.

"Fuck, Tae- yes. Yes, I did and you know what? I don't regret it. Because if there wasn't someone to knock that guy out after you stupidly ran back to your apartment building, there would've been much more consequences! And besides, I would've never get to know about this attack! So is that the reason why you were avoiding me?", Jungkook snapped at the petite brunet who flinched, eyes merely widening.

"Why, so you can spy on me again if I don't tell the truth?", Taehyung hissed back, now getting angry himself. "What makes you think you can go and sent someone after me? This is my life and you're clearly invading my privacy and this is not the first time! You literally broke into my apartment and show up when I don't want to see you!", Taehyung angrily exclaimed.

"You can't control over my life, Jungkook! You're behaving like a fucking stalker and let me tell you something, that's not sexy, that's creepy as fuck. And to your information, yes I wasn't planning on telling you because I was harassed and wanted some alone time because this guy knew you! He knew you, used your name in my presence to scare me and guess what? I'm scared of you now!", Taehyung screamed at the raven who's surprise soon turned into hurt, then anger.

"I just want time to be alone, to heal so I can tell myself that you have nothing to do with it, that you're not a freaking scary mob boss who spies on me!", the photographer finished with a crack in his voice, eyes starting to water but he furiously wiped them. Jungkook's face has went stoic.

"I only want to protect you! Yes, I'm a mob boss so I have to send someone after you to protect you when I'm not here! I have lots of enemies who are dying to find my weak spot", Jungkook now yelled back, control quickly falling apart by the mere thought of losing Taehyung. No. He would not allow his cub to leave him, not when he was his and his alone.

"So what? I'm a weak spot now? Why thank you that's a lovely nickname to call your boyfriend!"

"Cub- Taehyung, listen. I didn't tell you because I didn't want to scare you. The same exact thing you're now doing. I didn't tell you because it's not my way to-- fuck. You're literally the most important person right now to me and I do everything to keep you safe, to keep our relationship to us so no one of my enemies find out. But believe me when I tell you I have nothing to do with this", Jungkook's energy turned into something desperate, desperate to show his boyfriend that he meant no harm, only wanted to keep him safe under any circumstances.

"It's because I love you so fucking much that I cannot bear the thought of you getting hurt because of my profession. I can't change my job but I can protect you, the only thing I can do. And I understand that you're afraid now, hell I would be too if this wasn't my life from the start already. But please, don't leave me. Talk it out with me, I'll do anything to make you feel secure with me again, cub", Jungkook whispered the last part while Taehyung's ears summed.

"You- y-you love me?", he whispered, heart slowly fluttering because this was the first time Jungkook told him that he loved him. The mob boss offered him a soft, shy smile. "With all my heart", he said sincerely. Taehyung's defense cracked, he turned away and bit into his bottom lip, fighting the tears in his eyes.

"I was so scared because I first thought this guy was from your men... but this wouldn't make sense would it? I'm just so scared Jungkook, that I couldn't face you. I needed to make sure you're not a threat to my son or to me. B-but my heart tells me that despite your job, you're a good guy and I want to believe it so bad", Taehyung whispered, not knowing how to handle this situation.

"I might not be the best choice but I can make myself worthy enough to be with you. But please, Tae, please don't give us up. I love you", Jungkook replied with thick voice and that was the breaking point for Taehyung. He started to cry before throwing himself into Jungkook's arms.

"I-I love you too", he sobbed into the raven's neck before clinging onto him with all his might, not wanting to let go, not wanting to believe his mistrusting mind. He was used to being hurt so he went defensive, not only for himself but only for his son. But from Jungkook's words, his actions seemed less scary and Taehyung decided to give him another chance.

"You will talk to me first if you sent someone after me and no more spying on me, you get me? This is a relationship so we're going to talk, yes? No more stalking and more talking, okay Jungkook-ah?", Taehyung said seriously and Jungkook nodded.

"Yes, cub. God, you have no idea how sorry I am... I'm also just a scared man who loves his cub so much that he can't see him hurt", Jungkook whispered, burying his head into the crook of Taehyung's neck. "Your cub is fine, Kookie. Unless his stubborn lover decides to be mean and scary again", Taehyung teased him.

Jungkook huffed playfully before nosing his cheek. "I won't ever again, cub."

"Good, because I hate it when we fight."

"Yeah, me too. 's not nice."

"And Jungkookie?"

"Hmm?"

"This was our first couple fight!", Taehyung beamed cutely and Jungkook laughed. "God, you're so cute, my pretty cub."

~

So, I'm having a conflict. I want Taekook to have the first intimate interaction next chapter, but I don't want to write Smut. As some may know, I had two other accounts before where I wrote lots of explicit scenes. I do not feel comfortable anymore to write Smut in books. One shots are okay but not Smut anymore.

So I don't know what to do, I think I'll stick with just shortly telling that they had sex before moving on with the plot. Also, please respect my decision, don't be rude or dickpressed to me because it was a lot to tell and I had to think really long to even tell you as I know how some readers get.

I think I'm going to stick to not write an explicit chapter (also to lessen the risk to be deleted again) but only a mentioning that they did have sex.

Ela_koo