forty

"Junnie, why are you always ending up in an argument with Soobin? I thought you two were friends?", Taehyung asked his grumpy child who was clutching onto his hand while looking to the ground, a little pout on his lips. Jungkook was rushing up to the boy's other side, quickly throwing a smile into Taehyung's direction to assure him that everything was fine.

"He makes fun of me. And Uncle Yoon says no one is allowed to make fun of me when there's no reason", Yeonjun replied stubbornly and Taehyung sighed. "I have to talk with Uncle Yoon about that. He's clearly giving you the wrong instructions on how to handle fighting situations", Taehyung sighed and helped Yeonjun into the car.

The little boy still held his head down but just when Taehyung wanted to get up after buckling him up, there was a tiny sniffle coming from Yeonjun. "Are you mad with me, Appa?", the boy asked quietly, fiddling with his tiny fingers in his small lap and not daring to meet Taehyung's eyes.

"Junnie-- I'm not mad with you. I'm just disappointed since I told you how to solve problems and that fighting is not the way", Taehyung said softly and Yeonjun's eyes flew up, tears welling in them. To see the pretty face of his father scrunched up with disappointment was the worst feeling ever for Yeonjun.

Taehyung has never been the one to be fond of punishments, only fondly scolding his son and telling him what was wrong and what was right and Yeonjun, despite his burning curiosity has always listened to his father. He knew running off was bad but he couldn't help himself. Taehyung has moved punished him for that.

So nothing was more worse for the child to see his calm and so loving Appa being disappointed in him. It was the worst feeling ever and Yeonjun felt like crying because his father wasn't mad, no he was disappointed and that was so much worse.

Taehyung has never yelled at Yeonjun in anger, has never lifted his hand or punished him worse then time outs, away from electronic or his friends and was always gentle and loving. So seeing his usual so composed and calm father with the look of disapproval on his face was like being hit to Yeonjun.

Because that horrible look was so much worse than all the punishments in the world.

Yeonjun knew he was sometimes troublesome but he loved his Appa dearly and would never put him into danger. He didn't mean it, no he really didn't but Soobin just made him so angry and he forgot that his Appa would be sad if he was going to hit Soobin.

So the sadness in his Appa's eyes was much more worse then being scolded by his teacher. Because Taehyung in fact didn't scold him.

That was Taehyung's way of parenting. And it was so much more effective than every punishment could be, because Yeonjun was so afraid to disappoint his always loving father.

He has already lost his mother to the wrong things and he wasn't going to let this happen to his precious Appa.

"A-Appa, I'm sorry", the child cried out and reached out for his father with water eyes and Taehyung gently pulled him into his arms. "It's nothing you should apologize to me for, Junnie. Say sorry to the kid you hurt. He's your best friend as you claim so there should be no need to hit him. Do you understand that, Yeonjun?", the brunet asked his son composed and Yeonjun nodded, not liking his full name coming from his Appa's lips.

"Y-yuh-yes. But no sad? Didn't mean to worry... don't be sad like when I ran away in the store", Yeonjun sniffled and Taehyung wiped his tears away with an experienced hand movement.

"We'll talk once we're home okay?", Taehyung said and waited for his son's timid nod before closing the door gently. Jungkook was staring at him worried but also with admiration held in his eyes.

"You're an amazing father", Jungkook bursted out while opening the door for Taehyung. "I thought you were careless when the little one run up to me, being left alone and I thought you didn't care for him. But seeing how you treat him makes it clear how much you love him", Jungkook said lovingly.

"I was terrified when he ran away. I thought I lost him because I was careless. I didn't dare to tell him about you or the dangers in the world. He's only six and I didn't want to burden him with these kind of things. He's been through so much already. But I trust him because he's my son, my everything. He already knows what's wrong and what's right, not only I'm teaching him but his uncles do too", Taehyung spoke up quietly, making sure Yeonjun was safely in the back while Jungkook hopped into the driver's seat.

"I think that's why he wasn't afraid of you
Because he knew that deep down, you wouldn't dare to harm a child", Taehyung said gently, reaching out for Jungkook's hand who was surprised by the words. "You think I'm that easy to look through?", he asked both amused and shocked.

Taehyung threw him a loving smile. "You might have built up a facade. But for a child you're as clear as glass", he smiled secretly before leaning over and pressing a kiss to Jungkook's cheek.

°°°

"Thank you for driving us here", Taehyung thanked Jungkook quietly, taking the ready sleeping Yeonjun into his embrace who immediately went to hug his father's neck. "You're welcome, cub", the mobster smiled lovingly but noticed the shy expression on his Baby's face.

"Do y-you wanna... like come up with us? And stay the night?", the photographer then spoke up timidly, surprising Jungkook with his words before a wide smile spread on his face. He nodded, reaching out for Taehyung's free hand since Yeonjun was safely put on his arm.

"I'd love to, cub."

~

Soft soft soft:((( I also wanted to give a quick explanation on Taehyung's parenting behavior. For your explanation, this is the same way my mum has raised me and it has proven to be the most successful parenting method to me. Don't punish your kid to excess but show them through gentleness and disappointment that what they did was wrong. It made me more sensitive to what my mum was warning me about and I now have a great feeling for what is right and wrong.

Ela_koo