~ Chapter - 20 ~

Present:

She was pulled out of her thoughts about the past due to her phone ringing continuously and when she saw caller Id she just sighed knowing it waste to ignore the call and answered it.

"Where are you, Amira Khurana?" The person asked and she flinched listening to her full name.

"I'm in office Luke, I will be at home in 45 mins, so don't worry," Amira replied.

"You don't want us to get worried then take care of yourself, did you see the time, it is almost midnight and till now you didn't reach and tell me one thing, did you have something?" Hadrian asked suspiciously knowing about her and she clicked her tongue as she didn't have anything for the day.

"I'm starting, I will talk to you people once I come back," Amira said and hung up before they can question her anything more. She came out, collected her wallet, phone and informed driver to bring the car to the front gate and just then she called her P.A as tomorrow she will be unavailable at the office as she will be working from home as they are hosting a party to announce her and Kiaan's marriage.

"Sorry to disturb you Priyal but I was busy with something and I forgot to inform you," Amira said once Priyal answered her call.

"No problem Mam, tell me," Priyal said.

"Priyal tomorrow I'm not coming to the office and I will be working from home, so we will have meetings through video conference and the meeting with Alisha Industries, will be held at my house so send them along with Alex here and in the morning I will inform them in the morning myself also cancel the meetings and video conference which are in the evening as tomorrow we are hosting a party," Amira said.

"Okay Mam, anything else?" Priyal asked her.

"No Priyal,  good night," Amira said and hung up, leaned back in the seat closing her eyes and she sighed lost in her thoughts and was slowly slipping into slumber when she woke up due to Hadrian shaking her and she realized she reached home and entered inside whole to come face to face with all of them waiting for her in the hall.

"What the hell Amira, how many times we have to tell you not to neglect your health or meals when will you start taking care of yourself?" Amelia asked and Amira just closed her eyes took a deep breath to calm down the anger that is rising in her due to work and recollecting the past instances.

"I'm not a kid guys, I can take care of myself and that is what I'm doing for last few years so don't coddle me or try to force me to take care of myself," Amira warned and walked from there not to increase the rising anger in them or turning this into another argument after that everyone went to their rooms knowing it is waste of talking to Amira regarding this issue also to take rest as tomorrow there is a party.

Next day came early to the like of Amira and the house was not less than any circus because it has been a year to host a party by Khurana and Kapoor families and this was a big event to them but the noise was annoying as she was used to peace and silence around not having any other way she locked herself in her room balcony garden where the noise was less compared other places in Mansion also she felt angry towards her friends because they left twins with her and went to ram around the city for her to deal with party preparation and twins, of course, she loved taking care of twins but as she can't complete her work so it was annoying her and to avoid the circus down she asked the servants to bring her lunch to the room itself also she had her breakfast in room itself.

Evening approached soon and her friends and family were running around the rooms in disorder to find their clothes and accessories to wear for the party whereas Amira arranged her dress yesterday night after she came back from office knowing she will be busy today due to her working from home. She made twins ready as Luke and Lilian were getting ready and from childhood itself she held a fascination in taking care of babies so she is happy in dressing twins, once they were ready she gave them Hadrian who came there to see whether are ready or not while she was getting ready down in the hall, Arnav and Khushi were busy welcoming the guests and Media people who are here to cover the whole function as they are royalty in Kolkatta.