~ Chapter - 33 ~

Siddharth and Myra were pacing in front of the ICU where Amira was getting treatment inside due to drugs and all the while Siddarth was cursing himself as to why he let Amira go out of his sight thinking she was unaffected because of all that happened to her at this tender age where a child needs all love and assurance from their loved ones. He is seeing himself as a failure where he failed to protect his Babysister and Myra seeing his expressions can understand his State of mind and pulled him into her arms which made him snap and cry out loud.

"I failed in protecting her Myra, I promised she will never feel pain or hurt and I will never let her cry but I failed to see how much she is in pain, I'm a bad brother," Siddarth cried blaming himself.

"Siddarth, listen to me carefully, you are not to be blamed, because you can never fail in protecting your loved ones, Amira is facing a hard phase in her life where she is not understanding what is right or wrong, what is good or bad and what is truth or lie for herself and being her brother you should be her strength, not a weakness, we have to make her stop using drugs so that we can bring back our Amira, do you understand, we need to be her strength not weakness and you can't fall weak," Myra said making him understand.

"Thank you love for making me understand, being my strength and loving me, I'm lucky to have you in my life, I love you, and you are right I will become her strength and once she attends this year's exams we will take her hack, she will have online classes and will complete her studies," Siddarth said and just then Doctor came outside looking serious which made them scared but they kept up a brave front.

"Doctor, how is my sister? Is she alright?" Siddarth asked while Doctor shook his head before answering.

"Look, Mr Siddarth, I won't lie, she is in a critical position, I don't know how you allowed a person who is heart is failing severely-" Doctor was saying when Siddarth interrupted him.

"What do you mean by her heart failing Doctor my sister is absolutely fine, she never faced any problem regarding her heart," Siddarth shouted and Doctor sighed.

"From your words I can deduce this much that you and your family are unaware that she facing heart problems, her heart is getting failed slowly due to bullet poison and from the reports, we got after tests all I can say is she hardly have maximum one year that's it and I think she is aware of her heart condition because we can find medicines in her bloodstream," Doctor explained leaving Myra and Siddarth shell shocked.

"Doctor there will be a way to protect my sister-in-law? Please tell us we can't leave without here?" Myra begged the doctor knowing how important Amira is in their lives mainly Siddarth's.

"Look Mrs Myra there is only one way that is heart transplantation upon that using drugs made her life-critical, if we don't stop her addiction to drugs she will lose her life even before the time she left and if she chose to get rid of her addiction then we need to send her to a rehabilitation centre and I can say that it will be painful to her and now she will regain consciousnesses in an hour and you can see her as we are shifting to a normal ward," Doctor said and left from there while Siddarth along with Myra entered inside and settled beside her on each side and Siddarth held her hand.

"Siddarth," Myra called and he looked at her.

"Are you going to confront her about her heart problem because from doctor's words we can see that she knew that she was having heart disease yet she never told us or took care of herself," Myra asked him and Siddarth looked at his sister before answering.

"I know my sister Myra, she may not be related to me through blood but she is connected to me through heart, she will bear all the pain in the world if it meant giving and making happy of her loved ones and I can bet my life that she hid this truth so that we can stay happy and worry-free also that is one of the reasons she chose to come far from Kolkata mostly India, I'm not going to confront her because it will only increase her stress and I don't want to do this but-" Siddarth was saying when Myra interrupted him with a small sad smile.