~Chapter-28~

Amira was frozen in her place after listening to what her Parents and Brother said because she knew now she needs to confront them at any cost no matter how painful it is for her but she was stopped in the middle by Kiaan when she was going to her brother's room where her parents were present too.

"Um... Amira Can we talk?" Kiaan asked and she looked at him for a few seconds before bidding her answer and took him to her room.

"What do you like to talk to me, Mr Kapoor?" Amira asked with emotionless voice.

"I wanted to ask when are you ready to marry me as it is Aashi's last wish?" Kiaan asked but Amira can sense pain and something else in his voice but she doesn't readily identify what it is nor she is interested to know.

"Did you ever feel something towards me at least before Aashi started all this, did you ever tried to understand me? No, you were busy running away from your feelings and then towards the attraction you felt to Aashi that you married her on saying of your Mom and your Family, never raising your voice at them and standing for yourself and now you are here asking something again for someone else sake," Amira hissed coldly as she was shaking with fury.

"You are wrong Amira, I may have been betrayed by Aashi by her deception and innocent face and I agree I was pathetic and disgusting and I cannot even be a human because I always degraded you and hated you for no reason breaking your heat again and again but I'm asking you to marry me becau- " Kiaan said

"After knowing the true face of your wife, listening to your Mom and Siblings accusations you still have the audacity to come and ask me about our marriage which is nothing but a farce, do you even have an ounce of shame, guilt and self-respect in you or did you lost it the minute you married her?Whatever you say the broken pieces can never be one again without cracks on it and the same way you apologies or someone else's can never bring back the days I spent crying on my fate and the days I spent lonely in darkness," Amira asked with anger in her voice to see his audacity as she said.

"I'm not asking you to marry me just for her sake or family's sake and I know whatever I say or do nothing can bring back those days of happiness you lost due to her or me also you can think as me pathetic, disgusting and I feel same about myself but-" Kiaan started but was interrupted by her.

"Because you feel guilty about what you did, what you accused of me, what you thought love was not love turned out to be an obsession and the guilt that you behaved wrong with me is making you ask these, Am I right?" Amira asked.

"I..." Kiaan started but was unable to form anything which made Amira shake her head.

"I'm sorry to say this Mr Kapoor but I'm not going to marry you anymore, I never wanted in the first place I just said for sake of my own heart so that it will have some peace with my past so that I can move on from you and the love I have for you but now I cannot tolerate all this shit anymore when my self-respect is at stake also this marriage will be nothing but a burden on both of us because I'm a broken soul whereas you are a person who is once again ready to heal and to start a new life once Aashi leaves this world and your life, also you don't love even though I loved you" Amira stated her decision of not marrying him anymore shocking him and walked away to have a serious talk with her Parents which was pending from a long time while Kiaan was lost in his thoughts.

Kiaan's P.O.V:

She walked away just like that like she did in the past when Aashi snatched me from her even though at that time I didn't know that Amira loved me, yet she was right, I was always cold towards her, keeping distance with her, even today I remember how I met her, she was a little girl running behind her brothers to catch them in the park while I was there trying to find my siblings where we are playing hide n seek but she bumped into me and fell down hurting her elbows, I was terrified when her brothers and Father came towards me angrily because in their opinion their daughter and Sister were hurt because of me but her little cute expressions when she was angry and demanding her father and brothers to say sorry to me as it was her mistake not mine and I was amazed because how fastly and mutely Uncle Arnav, Abhishek and Laksh asked sorry to me on her saying even though at that time she was just a child but I never knew that, she will be a part of my life forever.