16 | the curse

~ The Curse ~

~

You slammed your fist on the table, holding onto the edge groaning in pain. " Damn it! Why was one of Dio's people after me? " you put your hand on your forehead right after, thinking this through while sitting down in your bra and stomach bare. Your grandmother was treating your large wound across your stomach.

" Your lucky she didn't kill you. " your grandma responded quickly, pressing a damped cloth against your wound. " It's not deep enough to kill, but you are losing a lot of blood. Thanks to your Stand, your able to stay alive for longer. " she looked into your eyes as you thought harder.

You glanced back at her ( e/c ) eyes. " I know those eyes. You're hiding something from me, aren't you? " you frowned, focusing on her as she looked back at your injury.

" I might know why they are after you. They might be going after me as well. " Serafina drained the blood from the cloth, now going to disinfect the area and prevent any infections. " Your hole is getting infected, it be best to treat it now. Quick warning, it will hurt. "

" Don't ignore me. I can deal with the pain. Now tell me, why are they after us? " you demanded harshly, yet silently since the setting was quiet.

" Two reasons. " She began " The first, is because the Zeppeli's are one of his long enemies from a century ago after being allied to Joestar's. " she paused, putting down the cotton filled with alcohol.

" And the second? " you waited impatiently for an answer.

" The second.. " Serafina started, her lip trembled as she figured how to say the words. " We are his descendants. I am his granddaughter. " she spat out, looking back into your eyes as the realization hit you. You connected dots in your brain, your eyes widening figuring out exactly why he was coming after you and not Jotaro.

" Dio is a vampire and is still recovering from his battle years ago. For him to reach his full strength... the blood of his own descendants, ' HIS ' own blood would help him succeed. " you got up but got pulled back down by your own grandmother. " This means, you have vampire blood in you."

She slowly nodded " Yes. " she simply answered and pressed the cotton around the area. " That doesn't mean you have vampire blood in you. In fact, there's no way you do since most DNA comes from your Nonno. You're a Zeppeli, not a Brando. "

You rested your back on the chair, sucking it in. " What does the Joestar's have in common with this? "

" That, I don't know. I made sure to move far away to make sure we don't encounter a Joestar. So it's most likely the second option. " she swiftly spoke, as she finished disinfecting the wounds. She pulled out the stitches and began stitching the hole together.