21 | chariot

~ chariot ~

~

Everyone went quiet, the small waves of the moving liquid in your cup and the conversations of other people in the restaurant voiced through our ears. Although you, most of all kept your ultimate focus on the water to control it perfectly. Seeing different shapes such as hearts, waves or even a liquid representation of people was quite amusing.

For the others, it was an uncomfortable silence while waiting for Joestar to order. The abilities of their Stand can't be played with to avoid catching direct attention from a nearby Stand user. Although Avdol, a fire bender/manipulator can light up a match and practice his flame skills. Yet to avoid burning down a restaurant, it's preferred not to practice this inside a building.

The lid from the sugar jar opened, causing a sharp noise to distract you and lose all concentration. The water from the cup bolted upwards almost splashing over everyone if you didn't return your attention. Your heart was beating fast, your muscles tense as you could've created a massive flood or a death from an unsuspected distraction. You fell into the back of your chair, relaxing as you breath heavily from such scare.

" Sorry ( Y/n ), I didn't know how concentrated you were. " Kakyoin, who was the one who caused the noise apologized sincerely for his unsuspected actions.

" It's fine. You didn't mean to. " you responded back to him with a genuine tiny smile.The pace of your heart was slowly lowering as no threat was suspected.

A woman quickly brushed by us and came to pour some tea into Kakyoin's cup. It was perhaps their way of saying you wanted more tea without specifically demanding for it. It was interesting to observe a different culture as a tourist. Once the woman finished pouring the tea, the Japanese red-head tapped on the table making the waitress smile and walk away.

" Is that a way of saying thank you? " you couldn't help but ask even thought the meaning of that small motion is clearly obvious. Kakyoin hummed a yes noise with his mouth, confirming your question. " Interesting. "

" Excuse-moi, do you have a moment? "

We all turned around to hear a strong french accent from above our backs. A tall man, almost the same height as Avdol with his face feed with his menu came to our table. " I'm a tourist from France, and I'm having a hard time with the Kanji on the menu. " the silver-head closed the menu from his view and soon enough made eye contact with you.

A welcoming smile grew on your lips from seeing an other European— you even know a little bit of french to have a decent conversation in his language.