28 | slowly trusting

~{ SWEET DREAMS P.1 }~

1 }~

🌊

" I admire you. "

~

You felt pressure on your left shoulder of the old man's large hands. " I'd like to talk to you. "

Your heart skipped a few beats. Your body went tense and you forgot to breath. You tried your best to convince yourself everything will be fine. Your instincts told you to run but that's incredibly rude. He might be a Joestar, but you follow a strict rule on being polite to everyone older than you. In addition, speaking to the man himself can clear up a few misunderstandings.

Spinning on your heel, you faced him with a welcoming smile " Of course! " the uncertain feeling in your stomach didn't go away. Although your acting skills made it so that he wouldn't be concerned. " What would you like to talk about? " You added, trying your best to seem as confident and joyful as possible.

The old Joestar's dark greyish-brown eyebrows knitted together. It was like he already knew that you didn't trust him. You always had a perfect poker face. It's surprising that that he was able to read you like a kids book. You felt a mix feeling of curiosity but wanting distance. The man himself did nothing to you specifically yet caused LOTS of harm in the Zeppeli family. It wouldn't be wrong to want to keep a limit to physical or deep contact.. right?

Mr.Joestar didn't say much about it so instead he went straight to the point. " I can tell that you don't necessarily trust or like me. "
He asked with a serious tone, one that you'd never expect from the goofy old man. He cleared his throat and crossed his arms, looking directly into your ( e/c ) eyes. " What exactly do you know? "

It felt tense in the room. It was as if all the air escaped around you. The room was quiet with the only noise being the breeze passing gently through the gray curtains at the balcony's door. His emerald green eyes were locked in with yours. Yet you were quick to break the contact by staring at the ground. You not-so harshly clicked your tongue and leaned against the wall, crossing your arms.

" Well, I know that Joestar's and Zeppeli's are always bound to meet each other while fighting against super-natural beings. I also know that it seems to be common that Zeppeli's to die trying to protect a Joestar only for them to not attend their funerals and go on honeymoons with their loved ones. Leaving the heartbroken wives with no one. "

Joseph was left speechless, looking down at his shoes with guilt. He could barely mumble any fluent words that could be understood. It was obvious he was in deep thought, his mind rushing back and forth like a women shopping for clothes.