boku/aka

Akaashi always thought Bokuto was a little weird, but fascinating and cute for the exact reasons he found Bokuto weird.

-

"Akaashi!" Bokuto bounded up to his junior of a setter, eyes sparkling. "Did you see that? Did you see that? That was me, me, me! I spiked the most awesome line shot whilst Tsukki was blocking! I spiked past someone who blocked Ushiwaka and it landed on the line! Aren't I awesome?" Akaashi gives a small smile at his senior's statements, nodding despite having been drinking water at the moment of the said 'legendary' spike. Internally, Akaashi just thought that he appreciated any spike Bokuto hit, and especially so when he was at the top of his game, he was amazing. Not that he would ever say that out loud. Konoha advised him greatly against it, and he learned well.

"Yes, Bokuto-san."

Bokuto's eyes glimmered with joy at this comment and went off in the 2-on-2 practice against Kuroo and Tsukishima, with  Kageyama helping at the request of Hinata (he'd pretended to do it reluctantly but he wad actually very delighted to play with one of the nation's top spikers). Kuroo and Tsukishima were there to practice blocking, whilst Bokuto was there to spike out all his excess energy. Hinata watched from the sidelines, waiting to rejoin after Akaashi was done. Hinata was there to practice spiking, and Akaashi was there because he always accompanied his senior, but this time also because he wanted to observe Kageyama's scarily accurate sets.

"Hinata. Let's go." Akaashi offered a smile towards Hinata and extended a hand to help Hinata up. Hinata leapt up and ran towards Bokuto and Kageyama, whilst Akaashi walked calmly towards Tsukishima and Kuroo.

Since Akaashi spent his time setting and recieving, he could easily admire Bokuto who was right across the net from him. Bokuto's golden eyes always sparkled with excitement and his happiness bar was either 100% or 0%. Akaashi strangely for some reason found this cute.

"Bokuto!" Kageyama set for Hinata but called out the other spiker's name to confuse the blocking team, unfortunately, Tsukishima and Kuroo were used to silly antics and stuffed them, smirking at the freak duo.

Akaashi stared as Bokuto seemingly floated down from his feint spike, and Bokuto made eye contact with Akaashi. A dangerous glint entered his eyes as he smirked at Akaashi. "I'll win." A spark flickered across his golden orbs, and Akaashi didn't miss it, a smirk of his own appearing.

Unconciously, Akaashi blushed as he smirked. Kuroo saw this, and his smile from stuffing the opposing team wilted a little. He shook his head a little.

"Come on, serve, guys, serve!"

-

Akaashi felt as though he was on cloud nine. He'd just received a compliment from Bokuto, and his heart swelled as his senior hugged him with pride, boasting to everyone about 'Kaashi'. Bokuto was paying him much more attention as of late, and Akaashi on the other hand, had developed the most major crush possible on his dual-colour haired senior, who had the most scarily beautiful eyes. Gold, gold like the gold medals and trophies from competitions, gold like the raw ore, gold like the expensive jewelry, but also gold like soft, pure gold, at times vulnerable.

"Bokuto-san. I want to get a sports drink from the vending machine. Do you need anything?" Bokuto's attention whipped to Akaashi, totally concentrated on Akaashi and Akaashi alone. Akaashi felt as though in the presence of a large teddy bear with warmth wrapping its arms around him, and he could just fall asleep. "Nah, I'll just follow you there!"

A huge grin emerged on Bokuto's face, and a blush on Akaashi's.

Blip.

The drink fell noisily into the slot where Akaashi retrieved it, swivelling the cap open and taking light sips of the drink. "Say, 'Kaashi, you're so handsome! Do you have a girlfriend?" Akaashi was glad he was taking light sips, and he managed to swallow it without choking and sputtering on his drink. "Wh-what?"