kagehina

angst with much kenhina
if u prefer kagehina>kenhina
well
goodluck

hanahaki
soft petals, a delicate shade of shimmering gold, matching kuroo's eyes.
kageyama noticed a petal or two, but didn't know their origin, and all he thought was, "these sure are beautiful."

he tightens his hold on hinata as the two cuddle under the blankets only with their heads sticking out as they watched some wholesome disney.

an ominous feeling loomed behind of him, but he set it aside, and tried not to be too bothered by it.

-

"kageyama~~ i'm going over to kenma's for the holidays okay?"

"okay, just don't get hurt or something okay? i trust you."

-

many things happened that summer.

many, many things.

-

"i love you, hinata! with all my heart!" kageyama announces out of the blue towards hinata. all hinata did was smile wryly and hurriedly before replying with a half-hearted and guilty, "me too."

kageyama didn't notice.

he put his all into the relationship, but he didn't notice it drifting anyways. at some point in time, it became insufficient. kageyama valued hinata over volleyball, but hinata no longer did the same, and it wasn't anyone's fault. just a change of heart. anyhoo, hinata never once coughed up any flowers the colour white, which was kageyama's favourite colour.

-
those holidays

"kenma, can i hug you?"

"kenma, hurry, give it to me before kuroo notices!"

"kenma, what was that-- i'm dying of laughter!"

-

"h-hinata? d-dumbass, come back, i need some company..."

(joyfully) "HINAT--" (hinata hugging an indifferent kenma tightly)

"oh."

"you have reached voicemail"
"hinata, i really need someone right now. tsukishima and yamaguchi are attending their past schoolmate's funeral, just spare me a few seconds."

"hinata, i swear to god, if you don't come back, i'll, i'll--" (breaks down)

"hinata, i'll forgive you for not responding to me at all, i just need someone to rely on for a bit."

"hinata, don't you think you're being unfair as hell?! i'm your fucking boyfriend-- no, i can't say that..." (crumples letter and throws in paper basket already full of other attempts)

"hinata, i miss you. just come back safe, please?"

"i hope you're safe there. please don't get injured. i miss you."

"hinata, i still love you. please forgive me. what did i do wrong?"

"hinata, i need you, please. even if just as..."

"even if it's just--"

"--as friends."

-

"k-kageyama. i'm so sorry, i dropped my phone in a lake so i couldn't contact you, i'm so sorry!"

"it's fine! how were your holidays?"

"oh my god, they were fantastic! kenma taught me ..."

hinata chokes halfway through the conversation, and golden petals spill forth. a lot more. kageyama's eyes widened as he recognised them.

"wh-"

since back then? kageyama's eyes widened involuntarily, and he wanted to cry so badly, he was alone, alone yet again. but he helped hinata up, and he just kept helping hinata.

months passed, and the condition of hanahaki was only getting worse. gradually, orange petals were mixed in, and kageyama's heart wrenched when he realised those flowers were the same shade of orange as the sunset orange, as the colour of hinata's hair.

all of a sudden, it got really bad.

"HINATA! HINATA, ARE YOU OKAY? PLEASE, REPLY! i'll help you, i swear, kenma loves you, i'll make it happen, please, don't, don't die..."

-

more time passed, and hinata heals.

"kenma~" kenma places a light kiss on hinata's forehead and they smile at each other. as they stare into the other's eyes,

kageyama prepares and readies himself in the surgery room to remove the roots of the hanahaki.

when he comes out, he'll forget all that he ever had with hinata.

but its fine.

it wont hurt as much as now.