iwaoi

do you ever think about those moments in your life when you really appreciate having a best friend, and then notice and pick out all those small little things that could be them subtly hinting they actually hate you-- or just you overthinking?

someone once told me oikawa is silly and is always just stereotyped to be that good looking guy with good grades, and that led me to think-- what actually is oikawa like? i've remember him always smiling throughout highschool, only crying those two times-- when we played our last game, and when we officially left the club. twice in the same day. he was pretty happy-go-lucky and took challenges head-on, sometimes with an evil little smirk.

of course, after that i had told the person all about oikawa's hardworking everything he did to get to where he was, and to overcome the fact that someone once told him, he had reached his limit as a setter. oikawa's setting skills weren't from him lazing around all day, and he practices his serves more often than most of us here in seijoh. his good grades were all from studying hard and pulling all nighters sometimes even after practice when everyone's systems had all already shut down.

oikawa wasn't just someone who laughed all day. he set aside even friendship time sometimes because he wanted to be able to study hard, then party hard. he wasn't all just sarcastic towards kageyama and flexing his skill and proficiency at reading people towards kageyama, he was trying to convince himself he was equal to the king of the court, the prodigy setter. of course, i smacked him and made him apologise to kageyama. i hope he got the other intention behind me smacking him: i wished he would stop being so intimidated because he was excellent just as he is.

the day oikawa left to go overseas to pursue volleyball, boy, did i cry. i was going to miss my partner, my setter, and my best friend in school. only after he left, did i realise.

feelings had developed.

but i could only watch as his plane took off.

--

its the day of the match, our first meeting since he left after highschool, the team i was coaching with hinata in it versus his team.

i told oikawa i had something to tell him.

" oi tooru. what the fuck? flirting with girls again before a match? where are you? your team came up to hinata asking where you were. your team had to ask the goddang opponents for your location. " whispering angrily into the phone as i paced in the locker room, wanting to tell oikawa something initially. he told me would come, but then the dumbass felt his dinner yesterday needing an exit and went to the toilet, and following that disappeared.

" look behind you. " i felt a chill run down my spine, like the smallest of butterflies just fluttered its wings down my back following my spine. " what'd you want to say? "

" go for your match first, dumbass. your team is waiting on you. "

" nah, i want to hear your love confession. "

my eyes widen, and oikawa watches my reaction in the mirror opposite me in the locker room. " oh, did i hit the mark? "

a small quirk of his lips, then he kisses the nape of my neck.
" man, why did it take so long for you to realise? you needed my going overseas as a push? "

"no. what do you take yourself for, a god in my eyes?"

as the heat crept up my neck, i closed my eyes and breathed deep in an attempt to calm down, and then i felt another kiss, this time on my forehead. he had shifted to infront of me , blocking my view of the mirror, and then kissed me a third time on my nose, before he left, saying, "damn, iwa-chan, you're tiny. next time, tiptoe or i can't reach your lips."

damn that dumbass,
w-who said
i was going to kiss him on the mouth, ever?