tsukkiyama pt. 1

it was one a.m. in the morning, and yamaguchi had woken up to go to the toilet after drinking that one last milk tea right before bed. he seriously regretted it because he always lost the feeling to sleep after getting up to go to the toilet, and he had been halfway through a dream where he'd confessed to tsukishima and had succeeded. it was a dream, but he wanted to dream more.

he sighs lazily then quickly goes to the bathroom before returning after using it and washing his hands with soap, plopping onto his bed and staring at the ceiling in the dark, the only source of light the dim moonlight glowing from outside his window.

"i should see if tsukki's still up." yamaguchi had discovered a talent of his own: singing. he's been singing in choral concerts as a member of the choristers or as a soloist, but he wanted badly to explore the pop music as of late and stay in both industries of music. after the basic four years in university, he'd used his degree to get him a decent paying job and do singing part-time, and was quite well known, but he still needed progress. tsukishima, however, had gone on to pursue a doctorates in medical sciences. yamaguchi was a little unnerved that kuroo was in the same course as tsukishima, kuroo whose known for his crush on the tall blonde boy, and had almost succeeded in confessing until kenma and hinata appeared and it got put on hold, then kuroo just never got around to it.

that's why, tsukishima was often still up at two in the morning still revising on what he'd gone through during the day, drilling it into his head. up till high school he had no problems with memorising things in one shot, but getting a doctorates was a different level of difficult.

yamaguchi unplugged his phone from where it rested, charging, now at ninety-eight percent battery. he opened the conversation screen with tsukishima and paused, his fingers hovering over the letters "t" and "s" about to type his trademark 'tsukki' as an opening text.

tsukki >< :
hey

yamaguchi startled a little, and quickly typed something in response.

yams:
????????? how'd u know i was about to text you????

tsukki ><:
hm... fortune telling skills

yams:
-_- really

tsukki ><:
yes :D

yams:
HAHAH okay

tsukki >< :
so what did u want to talk about
?

yams:
was js going to ask if you were still awake
and then u sent a message b4 me

tsukki >< :
fortune telling skills i say
i did something to my hair
and i have regrets

yams:
let
me
see
eheheheh
wanna videocall?

tsukki >< :
but youre distracting

yamaguchi's eyes widened a little before he swallowed and typed a reply back.

yams:
yeah right hahah

tsukki ><:
only you
:d
lets call then

[tsukki >< is videocalling you]
[tap to join]

yamaguchi hesitantly tapped on the button agreeing before he faced the camera away from himself and at the ceiling whilst he tried to calm his blush.

"oi, tadashi, where are you? i don't need a pitcure of your stationary ceiling."

"w-well, you said i'd be distracting, so i figured this was the best way."

yamaguchi felt, he felt an eyeroll from the phone screen where tsukishima sat cross legged, without even having to look at the blonde boy.

"just kidding, now please get your face on the screen."

"fine." yamaguchi aimed the camera at himself before smiling sheepishly at the messy state of his room. this earned him but another eye roll from the neater blonde boy whose books, bags and miscellaneous items could be seen neatly organized in the background.

and then, tsukishima showed his hair.

"ts-tsukki...?"

his blonde hair used to be in smooth long locks that never went past his ears, and now it was shaved with an undercut on both sides, and yamaguchi didn't know what to say, until he noticed tsukishima's new, black clothes.

"tsukki..."

"yeah?"

"are you..." yamaguchi almost couldn't bring himself to say it, but then he took another look at tsukishima and it came bursting out.

"ARE YOU OKAY? WHAT HAPPENED?"

"..."

"......"

"uhhhhhh, what?"

*
a/n: hello ive been out from morning till 6 everyday since 2 weeks ago so... pardon me for not updating