first, and then - kenhina special

first came joy,

then came pain,

i fell for this sunshine boy,

yet angst was all i gained.

-
first came joy,

"shoyo!" a huge smile graced kenma's soft features as he ran up to the smaller boy, ruffling his soft locks as he kissed the other boy on the forehead, and hinata booped noses with kenma, before kissing kenma on the lips, making kenma blush as he hugged the tiny boy before him. well, he wasn't one to say anything. afterall, he wasn't much taller than hinata.

"let's go, kozume! oh, and by the way, kageyama will be joining us today, because he's lonely at home, i hope you don't mind?"

then came pain,

angst: 10%

"yeah, sure, i don't mind! but promise me you love me only?"

"of course, you and my family are my number ones! not even volleyball can compare."

i fell for this sunshine boy,

angst: 1%

kenma smiled widely, a huge blush spread across his cheeks as they made their way to the cinema. kageyama was already there and had already gotten tickets for them, greeting his senior politely befpre turning to hinata and a huge smile breaks across his features. kenma's lips quirk downwards disapprovingly, and he walks whilst holding hinata's hand as though claiming his territory and his rights as hinata's boyfriend.

"shoyo, what do you want to eat?" kenma whispered this before asking kageyama what he wnated to have.

"ooh, a super large popcorn! and some apple juice to share with you!" came hinata's reply, and kageyama answered that it was all right and he could pay for his own food, but kenma wasn't having it.

"one milk, and a medium sized popcorn for the blueberry here please!" kageyama blushed a little at the awkwardness of being called a blueberry, and his eyes also widened at the fact that kenma had ordered exactly what he had in mind.

the movie went super well, with hinata holding kenma's hand the whole time, and both kageyama and kenma enjoyed the movie alot, despite hinata whisper-screeching in their ears every five minutes about how the ghost was going to pop out the screen any minute. kenma always just soothed him by pressing his lips to the little crow's forehead as if calming a baby down. kageyama caught snippets of moments like this, and his free hand kept inching towards hinata's free hand, but he managed to stop himself always at the last moments. kenma took it all in stride, and bottling these moments of subtle jealousy became a tad harder.

angst: 15%

-

"uwahh, that movie was great! what do you two think?" hinata stretched his arms.

both, despite being love rivals, gave him a deadpan look that said, 'seriously?' and rubbed their ears which were sore from all the screaming. hinata's forehead was a little red where kenma kissed him multiple times.

just then, a bike flew put from the corner and curved into their path, and hinata almost got hit, until kageyama pulled him away forcibly, while kenma was struck to the ground. the cyclist stopped immediately and apologised feverishly towards kenma and hinata, but all kenma had in mind was, why couldn't i protect hinata? why didn't i reach out to pull him away? why am i so slow? what if hinata had been hit? why am i so useless?

kenma was spaced out and a look of distraught was on his face, his eyebrows knitted together and his eyes glistening with moistness as he tried to stop the tears from falling.