Chapter 41

Carrie's  POV

I put on the red dress I'd made a few weeks ago. I had to hem it up on the sides earlier so it would fit better.  Liam called last night and asked me if I wanted to go out for drinks. I told him yes even though it has been a while since I've been out. The last time I dated someone... I don't want to go there. What happened involved the paramedics and is something I've tried to forget to this day. I zip up the back of the dress on my own and go to my vanity to apply some makeup. After putting on foundation, falsies, glitter eyeshadow, and red lipstick I grab my purse. Emma walks into my room with a shocked expression on her face. 

"You didn't tell me you were going out," She says. 

"Yes, I did. Last night. You must've been half asleep. It was late."

"Are you going with Liam?" 

"Yes. He asked me out over the phone last night. We're going to grab drinks," I tell her. He's a sweet person. Sure, I haven't known him a week, but I know it had to be love at first sight. 

"Carrie... I don't think Liam is a good person. At the hotel, I went to the vending machine to get food and saw him with a drug dealer," Emma tells me. 

"No, you're kidding. Are you sure this person was Liam?" I ask her. 

"Yes, Carrie, I'm positive. I don't want you to go on this date with him. Please call and cancel."

Liam can't be involved with drugs. He doesn't look like a user. 

"Emma, I know that this isn't a good thing, but I can't just cancel at the last minute. I have a reputation to uphold. If he were to tell people, I'd never have a date again in my life," I try to explain to her. She doesn't know me. Not the me that lives in NYC as a clothing designer. 

"Okay. It's your problem. I'll leave you to handle it," She rolls her eyes and walks off to the room Austin sleeps in. 

A few minutes later, Liam is here in a limo and a fancy suit. He opens the door for me, complimenting me on my attire,  and I slide into the seat. I look around at the flashy lights in the limo and the glasses of champagne. It's been a while since I've been in a limo too. I normally can't afford to rent them. In New York, they cost hundreds of dollars. We go to a nice bar downtown. It is a club too. Inside, many people are dancing and talking in circles. Liam has his hand on my back as we navigate our way to the bar. The bartender is a cute young guy who probably has the job just to hit on the hot women. He asks me what I want, and I point behind the counter to some red wine. He pours it up and gives it to me as Liam asks for a shot of whiskey. We sat down on the bar stools. 

"So, tell me a little about yourself. The only thing I know about you is that you like kissing people at midnight on New Year's," He chuckles and I laugh. 

"Um, I'm a fashion designer at a company. I don't know," I reply. 

"Oh, that's hot," He says and I blush at his comment. 

"What about you?" I ask him.

"I work from home. Social networking."

"That's cool," I tell him. For a moment, it's an awkward silence. "Would you excuse me? I'm going to go find the restroom," I say and walk towards the back of the place. I see couples and PDA everywhere I look. I go to the bathroom and look at myself in the mirror, straightening a piece of my blonde hair with my finger. I reapply the bright red lipstick since a lot came off on the rim of my wine glass. A girl walks in behind me with her tight lace shirt ruffled and her jeans are not on right. From her looks, I can tell she is a hooker. I give her a judgemental look before walking out and going back to the bar.