Still with us

Damian never understood why people missed someone when they passed away.

Probably it was because of the fact that his family always had the Lazarus Pit, it never was a problem when his mother or grandfather passed away, no matter what, they always came back.

So it wasn't a surprise they he didn't seem to understand why Richard was so sad that day.

It was April fools day, the first day of the month, Damian had heard that people were supposed to make jokes and pranks at each other during the day.

Damian wasn't interested to do such childish things, but he had hope that at least his older brother would love to.

***

He had woke up early, the sun wasn't up yet, but he couldn't sleep, and he was being careful to not fall in any of his brother's pranks.

He stayed at his room for nearly an hour, sketching or practicing with his sword, until it was breakfast, and Pennyworth made him go down stairs.

His father and Drake were already at the table, discussing some Wayne Enterprises matter, but Dick was nowhere to be seen.

Dick had arrived a few days before, apparently he had took some days of from his police work at Bludhaven.

"Master Dick wont be coming to breakfast, I'll be delivering his food at his room if you excuse me."After that the old butler exited the room.

"I was not aware that Grayson was sick."Damian said, thinking that it was probably why his brother didn't pranked someone yet...or maybe he was just waiting for the perfect time to do a huge prank and he wasn't really sick, he just wanted people to think so.

"He isn't sick, it's just that it's a really difficult and painful day for your brother, you should probably leave him alone for a while."His father said.

Of course Damian didn't follow his father's advice.

After breakfast he decided to go upstairs and look for his brother, he wasn't worried, at all, he was just...seeing if it wasn't a charade so he could do a prank, yes, that's it, he wasn't worried, not a bit...

Not at all.

Damian kept walking until he stopped at Dick's room door. He started thinking if he should come back later, or knock the door...or just leave instead of just staring at the door for so long.

Finally he decided to knock the door.

"Grayson, may I come in?"

No answer.

"Richard? Are you in there?"

Again no answer.

"Dick?"

He decided to open the door, maybe he was just being paranoid and Dick wasn't even there, but he was kinda worried.

When he opened the door, the first thing he noted was that the place was dark, the windows were closed, and the lights were off.

Damian was about to leave when he suddenly noted something moving at his brother's bed.

"Grayson? Are you ok?"

There wasn't any answer from the young adult,  so Damian decided to come closer.

He could hear a few sobs coming from Dick.

"Richard?? A-Are you crying?"

The 10 years old boy didn't knew what to do, clearly emotions where Dick's thing, not him! What was he supposed to do when the only member of the family that knew something about feelings was the one crying?