Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Liam's POV (1 hour before)

I got a call from Harry, inviting me and the lads over. I bet Louis made him. I swear he is more protective over Harry than me over the whole group. I shook my head chuckling at the thought. Zayn, Niall, and I were currently in the living room playing a game when we heard Harry calling Zayn from his room. 

"Coming! Hey, I'll be back guys" He said. Niall and I nodded as he got off the couch and headed to Harry's room. Niall and I continued on like he was still there. 

"I bet I can beat your score, Payne!" Niall challenged. 

"Bring it on, Irish boy!" I said back.

-15 mins later-

"Nooo!" I yelled. 

"Oh yes!! I won! Woo!" Niall cheered. I had lost by one point. 1 POINT!

"Dang it Niall, it was one point. Come on! That was not fair!" I whined. He looked at me with amusement.

 "I'm guessing you want a rematch?"

"Are you afraid to lose a challenge, Horan?" I dared. 

"Bring it, Payne," He said with determination.

-20 mins later-

"Oh yes! I win again!" Niall cheered on. 

"Really?! 2 Points? Bloody-"

"LANGAUGE!" Niall yelled. I waved him off as I groaned into a pillow. "I feel.... snacky." I heard Niall say. I took off the pillow to see him there staring back at me. 

"Oh no Niall, I'm tired and you should be able to get food for yourself," I said looking straight into his eyes. "No! Not the face!" I said getting weaker and weaker. "Fine," I gave in. I got up and ruffled his hair and walked into the kitchen. I made two sandwiches and got out two cups.

As soon I walked into the living room I was half attacked and was taken away a plate and cup. 

"Okay..."I said as I sat down munching happily on my first bite when I felt a pair of eyes on me. I turned my head to see Niall with an empty plate and gloomy expression. "It seems as if you finished your sandwich, mate," I said about to take another bite when I felt a pain in my hand. I noticed now that I had bitten my hand, and I didn't have my sandwich anymore. I turned to see that Niall had disappeared along with my food.  The next thing I knew I was chasing him around the house. I'm surprised no one has – 

"Oof!"  I fell to the ground on top of a surprised and tired Niall. We just laid there, both breathing heavily, me on top of him. I know I shouldn't say it but I find this position pretty comfortable. I was staring into his eyes. The color of blue was the most beautiful kind I have ever seen. I saw some nervousness too.  Somehow both of us were leaning in and- 

"Hey, guys!" Zayn yelled coming closer. We froze for a second and then we both quickly scrambled to get off the floor. After checking myself if I was presentable, I glanced at Niall for a second.

 Then I yelled out, "In here!" I was trying to calm myself down and I bet Niall felt a bit fazed too. 

"Just wanted to let you know that if you need me I will be taking care of Harry until Louis comes back. By the way, what were you guys doing?" It got quiet. I felt Niall tense up next to me. 

"He stole my sandwich so I chased and tackled him." I couldn't lie to him completely. At least I didn't lie all the way. 

"Oh, I should have known that. Niall and food, I swear, you eat more than an elephant." Zayn said. I laughed half-heartedly. Niall was pouting at Zayn's joke, while Zayn was walking away laughing.

 I awkwardly patted Niall's back as I made my way to the living room. I sat down on the sofa trying to act normal while inside I was still trying to think of why I was leaning. Why was he leaning? Could he?... no that is just silly. I shook my head trying to clear all these thoughts. I felt the presence of Niall in the room. I turned to see him on the couch head down and fiddling with his fingers. 

"Hey Liam, I-.."

"No Niall I'm sorry we um... I shouldn't have you know." 

"Yea we should just forget it," Niall said. I felt something hard on my chest.

 "Yea we should," I said patting my lap to signal him there. I noticed he hesitantly accepted my gesture. I don't know what happened in me, but something inside snapped. I grabbed his face and kissed him. I don't know why but I don't care anymore. His lips stayed froze while I tried to get him to respond. I knew he wouldn't but I had to try. When I was about to pull away he grabbed the back of my head and added pressure into both of our lips. I felt lips against mine. We both felt at peace with each other's lips on the others. This was the best kiss I have ever had. It wasn't rushed or messy but slow and full of love. There we were his hands in my hair and mine pulling him closer when we heard the front door opening. 

"Uh...." Niall and I broke apart. "We will talk about this later," Louis said dashing to the stairs. I turned to look at Niall. 

My eyes were watering as I said, "I'm sorry" and ran to my room. I shut my door and leaned on the door. I slid down it as I sat down on the carpeted ground. The tears had just started to fall when I wrapped my arms around my knees and rested my head on top. I silently cried and sat there until I heard a scream.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Zayn's POV

 I walked in Harry's room with the cup of water he had asked for. I'm getting worried, he said he needs to talk to me but he hasn't said what about yet. I remember what happened a few months ago that hasn't left my mind in a while. That night I saw a different side of Mr. Styles.

I hadn't seen Harry all night. I was talking to my mom, the last conversation of the night.

"Hey, Liam! I'm turning in early. Night guys!"Half of the people still there waved back at me. Liam nodded and turned back to his own mum. I walked out of the crowd and loud music blasting in the living room and into the endless hallway of rooms. I walked into my room and found someone on my chair. It was a mysterious figure on my chair with a blanket wrapped around them. They were clearly sobbing over the muffled sound of music. 

I walked slowly closer  to the chair when they said, "Oh Zayn I was, um cold in my room and I was um tired, but I uh tripped on your bed and landed on your chair." He said trying to compose himself. I now knew it was Harry but now I wanted to know why he was lying to me about him crying. He removed the blanket and in the moonlight, I saw tears on his face. 

"Come on Harry we both know that's not true, now what were you crying about?" I said with worry over the little guy. 

"It's nothing Zayn. Don't worry." I swear I heard him sniffle.

 "No Harry, I'm worried. Sit." I ordered him to sit next to me and he followed. "Now tell me why you were crying," I asked him. Instead of answering me put his head down on my lap and just started sobbing. I sat there for hours,- maybe 3- rubbing his back and trying to comfort him the best I could. I didn't even know why he was crying, what had caused this? To make him so depressed? I made a note not to tell Louis about this until I get answers from Harry. That night we fell asleep till morning. We hadn't spoken of it neither did we tell the others.

I am now waiting for Harry to start talking. I am wondering if we were to talk about that night or about something else. I had a feeling that it was something else.

"Zayn I bet you are wondering why I needed to talk to you about. Well, to be honest, I think you are the best out of the band to talk to. I have been um keeping a secret not only from you but from everyone actually." Harry had said nervously. I sat there urging him to keep going. "I um don't exactly like girls, neither do I like boys..." with a deep breath he continued, "I'm bisexual," lowering his head. I heard a scream behind me, before I turned I saw Louis rushing towards Harry.