Family first

Once we pulled up to Coltons mansions I was flabbergasted. It looked more like a castle to me then a mansion.

Weston held onto my hand as we made our way up the big steps to the front doors.

"I'll take care of him. Mother and father want you to go and find Colton so that you two can really seal the deal on being a couple." Kegan rolled his eyes as he helped me out of my coat.

"Alright I'll see you guys later." I walked off in front of them and grabbed a glass off a tray as a person walked by. It was champagne. Not my favorite but still I'd take anything right now.

As I made my way to the ballroom I realized how many people I knew here. Many of these people my father was friends with or had made deals with. A few friends of my mother would wave at me as I past and I offered them a kind smile.

As I walked through the double doors into the ball room all eyes went to me. Not scary at all...

I grabbed the railing with my other hand and slowly made my way down the stairs. My eyes went to Colton who was making his way to me at the end of the stairs.

He cleaned up really well and always looked good so that wasn't really a shock to me. Wait what am I saying!

Once my foot hit the last step he held out his hand to me and I remembered what he had said last night to me. I took it and leaned up to leave a small kiss on his cheek for show. He wanted me to sell it well then I would.

"Hello darling." I smiled pulling back seeing he was satisfied with what I had done.

"I see you took heed to my warning." He smiled pulling me closer to him.

I didn't answer that. I just simply took a sip of my drink.

"Come I have people who you need to meet." And we were off.

I don't know home many people I talked to or honestly any of their names. I wasn't really paying attention to any of them when Colton was talking to them. When I heard them ask me a question I would politely answer.

"Ruby dear how long have you two known each other?" A woman asked me as her husband talked to Colton. I saw Colton look to me for a quick second before tuning back to the man.

"Um we've known each other since we were kids actually. My parents are good friends with his."

"And have you always had feelings for him?"

I swallowed my pride and came up with the best lie I could. Honestly I should receive an Oscar for my performance that I put on.

"When we were younger I always had a little crush on him and a few years  back when I came home for Christmas me and him started catching up on old times and I kinda just fell in love." I put on a fake smile as I felt as though my lips would fall off because of that lie. When the l word left my lips I could have sworn I was going to be sick.

"And for me it was love at first sight." Colton chuckled as he pulled me closer to him.

"That is so romantic!" The women cheered. "So how long have you been together then?"

"2 years tomorrow right baby?" Colton asked turning to look at me. I was shocked by the use of the nickname he had given me.

"Yes it is." How much more could I put up with this lie?

I felt a little tug on me leg and I looked down to see Weston.

"Ruby will you hold me." I bent down and scooped him into my arms.

"I'm sorry." I said looking up to Colton who was looking down on me. I was just going to hold him till he fell asleep on me.

"Quite alright." He bent down and brought his lips close to me ear. "Hopefully one day you will be holding our kids in your arms."

Nope even the thought of me having a baby with this man made me want to run for the hills.

"Excuse me." I hissed walking off to go find my parents.