Dancing with the devil

I found my mother with her friends and I sat there with her till Weston fell asleep.

"He loves you very much." My mother smiled taking him from my hands.

"I know." I smiled looking down at him.

"Your great with kids Ruby. One day you'll be a great mom."

I remember when I was younger I always wanted kids. I would use my baby dolls and act as though they were real. I would play the role of the mother and wish that one day I would find my prince and we would have many baby's together. Mine wasn't really the prince I wanted. He was more of the villain in every movie or book you could think of.

"Ruby." I turned when I heard my name and looked to see Eric. His face was beaten up a little but other then that he looked good.

I jumped to my feet and pulled him to me. "Your ok!" I breathed squeezing him tight.

"What about you? That dick didn't hu-"

"Ruby!" I pulled away when I heard that. There Colton was staring daggers at Eric.

"Do you mind bud I'm talking to my friend." Eric said turning me to look back at him.

Colton was quick to grab my other wrist and pulled me tight to him.

"Well if you don't mind I'd like to dance with my girlfriend." Eric let me go with a look of sadness in his eyes. I let Colton pull me off as I looked back at Eric's face. I wanted to tell him that none of this was true. That I was faking all my feelings for this man.

Colton pulled me to the dance floor holding me harshly. His grip would definitely leave marks.

"I thought I told you not to go near-"

"He's my friend Colton. And I didn't even know that he was here!"

He started dancing to then music moving me with him.

"Oh really? Just friends..."

I couldn't even look at him because we knew I was caught in a lie.

"You will never speak to him again."

My head snapped back to him. "You can't do that."

"I'm your husband. I can do what ever I want." I heard a Commotion and looked to see a bunch of guys pulling Eric up the stairs. They weren't pulling him to the doors. Instead they were pulling him to a back room and my heart sunk.

"No. Please." Tears started falling as I watched then pull him away.

"Don't cry little one. They are only going to warn him."

I tried to pull away from him but he wouldn't let me go.

"And besides I have something I must do." He stepped back still holding my hand as he called for everyone's attention.

"I would like to ask my beautiful girlfriend something."

No god please don't let this happen. Take me now I've had a great life up till now. I don't want to do this.

He got down on one knee and I cried. To anyone watching they would think I was crying for the fact that I was happy.  far from that actually. I was crying because my life was hell. That my friends and family weren't even safe if I said what I truly wanted to say. I wanted to say no and run so far with all the people I loved.

"Ruby will you do me the honor of making me the happiest man on the earth and becoming my wife?"

He popped open a little black box to show a beautiful ring that would soon be on my finger. That little thing would end my life for sure.

"Y-yes." I said softly and he smiled getting up to put the ring on my finger.

My parents came over to congratulate me and talk to Colton and his parents. I was lost in my own little world. I was watching my life slip from my hands right in front of me and there was nothing I could do about it.