chapter iv

______

WARNING

There is some violence and the middle-end of the that may be uncomfortable for some.

______

chapter iv.

"god your such a pathetic waste of space

"god your such a pathetic waste of space."

______

1934

IT'S EASY TO SAY THAT WINNIE LOVED HANGING OUT WITH BUCKY AND STEVE. She wasn't sure what it was but she felt like the three of them just clicked together like three pieces of a puzzle. Everything came so easy to them, they didn't have to force conversations as it just flowed. Winnie couldn't believe how worried she was at the start of the school year when she first walked into that classroom, afraid that no one would want to be her friend.

Time flew by very fast, the hotdogs long gone hours ago. The sun was beginning to set, the sky growing darker and darker. Winnie knew that if she wasn't home soon she would be is big trouble even though she didn't want to leave her new friends.

"It's about time I go, I have to be home soon." Winnie smiled sadly as she began to stand up, making the two boys whine and complain. "Thank you for today, I can't wait to do it again."

Copying Winnie, the Barnes boy did the same, getting up and wiping the dirt off his trousers. "Of course Winnie, you're always welcome."

His words made a smile form on Winnie's face. "Thank you," she said before turning towards Steve. "It was really nice to meet you."

"Likewise."

The White girl gave her two friends a small smile before saying her goodbyes and turning to leave. Unknown to Winnie, Steve nudged his friend's side before jerking his head towards the girl. Bucky frowned before understanding what his small friend was telling him. He quickly reached the girl and grabbed her arm and turned her around to face him.

Normally, Bucky was very good around women, he knew how to charm them and 'woo' them as he likes to say but when it came to Winnie, it was like all of his knowledge went straight out the window.

"I'll walk you home."

Winnie's eyes widened. She couldn't let him walk her home. She couldn't let him be seen by her father, God knows what he would do.

"No, no, it's okay, I can go by myself," she quickly turned down, hoping that he would just drop it and that would be that.

Unfortunately that was not the case.