chapter xi

chapter xi.

"steve, you alright?"

______

1936

IT had been a few days since Winnie and Bucky slept in the same bed together. The following morning of them doing that caused a little bit of awkwardness between the two of them but neither could deny that they enjoyed sleeping like that together. 

Ever since that night, the two of them had been sleeping next to each other like they did the other night. Winnie hadn't had another nightmare and Bucky felt a lot better knowing that he could keep her close while she slept.

Thankfully, none of the other residents in the house noticed anything different or suspected anything which they were highly glad about - neither Winnie or Bucky wanted to have that heavily awkward conversation and they planned to keep it that way.

Going back to the present, Winnie was hanging out with Steve and Bucky, they had all agreed to watch the newest movie together that they had all been saving up for. The movies was one of Winnie's favourite places and watching them was definitely one of her favourite things to do too. Sitting in the cinema with her friends whilst watching the movie, let her escape reality for a few hours and be apart of something else. She was truly fascinated with all of it.

Bucky had left to go to one of the popcorn stands and left Winnie and Steve to go get the tickets. The two of them waited in line together, talking about nothing in particular, mostly just the excitement about how good the film would be.

At least they were until Steve changed the subject, "So I heard that you had Bucky have been sleeping together." Winnie chocked on her spit and began coughing like mad, her face crimson red with embarrassment.

"W-what?! Whe-where did you- Where did you hear that?" she asked her eyes the size of saucers.

"Bucky told me," Steve said nonchalantly. Winnie cursed herself under her breath. Of course he told Steve, they told each other everything. "I hope you don't mind that he told me."

The White girl waved him off, she wasn't mad at either of them, this situation wasn't something to get mad about. "There's nothing to get mad about, Steve. You and Bucky share everything it's become second nature to the two of you."

Steve nodded his head a few times, an awkward silence looming over them as they waited. "I don't see why you don't just tell him," the Rogers boy said breaking the silence.

Winnie turned to look at the small boy. She did want to tell him how she felt, she was just scared of the reaction she might get from it.