chapter ii

chapter ii.

1934

EVENTUALLY, THE SCHOOL DAY ENDED, ALLOWING ALL THE STUDENTS TO BE FREE FROM KID PRISON, WINNIE BEING ONE OF THOSE STUDENTS. She just had music so she was in a pretty good mood. Winnie always loved music, it was one of her favourite things in the world. Listening to music was one of the things that could soothe her when something was going wrong in her life.

Winnie held onto her bag straps as she walked, a spring in her step as she moved. She couldn't deny that she was looking forward to hanging out with Bucky at the small library he had been talking about, even if it was just to study.

Soon Winnie reached the door, the summer heat instantly hitting her snow-like skin. This type of temperature was something Winnie wasn't used to, especially since England was mostly cold. Her eyes scanned around her, looking out for the familiar bush of brown hair. Winnie could feel her face light up when she finally saw him. 

Bucky was standing near the gate, his back against the brick wall. He was staring off into the distance, obviously in a trance however he snapped out of it when he saw the new girl heading his way, a smirk appearing on his face. God was she beautiful. He may have only known her a few weeks but he just couldn't help it. He felt like he had known her his whole life.

When she was a few feet away, Bucky began walking towards her, the two meeting in the middle. "Hey," he greeted.

"Hi," Winnie smiled back, "Are you ready to study?"

Bucky nodded his head before bowing down and putting his hand out for her to take like a knight from one of those old stories. "Alloweth me leadeth thee to the library, lady Wins."

Winnie furrowed her brow looking up towards the Barnes boy. "Wins?"

"Wow, didn't even appreciate my Shakespearean," Bucky tutted. At his words, Winnie narrowed her eyes, unamused. "Okay sorry, I won't use, Wins."

"No, no," Winnie stopped him, a grin on her face. She actually liked the name, it warmed her inside that he wanted to give her a nickname. "I like it."

A goofy smile plastered on Bucky's face. He was glad she liked the name. "Right this way then," he said starting to walk but he was stopped by Winnie.

"Hold on a minute," she said. "What happened to that knight-like persona? I was looking forward to holding that hand of yours."

Her words stunned Bucky. He hadn't expected her to say something like that. "Wow, you are not like other girls are you?"

Winnie let out a groan in annoyance. "Don't say that, I hate that phrase so much. Please." She didn't let Bucky reply to her comment, instead, Winnie quickly grabbed a hold of Bucky's hand, pulling him away.