chapter vii

chapter vii.

"i'm evelyn bell but call me evie"

______

1934

WINNIE and Steve sat under the stairs for the rest of the class together in comfortable silence. They didn't need to speak because their actions spoke the truth. Despite them not knowing each other for very long, the two of them had this bond that couldn't be broken. They cared for each other and would do anything for one another - well almost anything, the wouldn't help kill someone but it's the thought that counts!

They waited there for twenty minutes for the bell to ring and when it did, the two stood up from the ground and carefully made their way out of the spot, checking that there was no one around before leaving. When the other students began to fill the corridors, Steve and Winnie quickly merged themselves into the line, no one suspecting anything.

Winnie had to go to French whilst Steve had to go maths. Before they had to part ways, the Rogers boy gave Winnie's arm a squeeze with his hand and then walked away, heading towards his classroom, leaving the girl alone. She shook her head to get out of her thoughts and began to make her way to French. Sadly she didn't have any friends to keep her company in that class but at least afterwards it would be lunch where she could then hang out with both Bucky and Steve.

Before going to class, Winnie stopped by her locker to dispose of her previous classes jotters and replaced them with her French textbooks. The White girl zipped up her backpack and walked into the classroom that was thankfully right next to her locker. Winnie made a beeline to her usual seat next to the window. She preferred sitting next to the windows where she could just look at the world and procrastinate her school work.

 As she sat down, she began to unload her backpack, taking out the essential items for the class - her jotter, textbook and pencils. She was too busy being focused on getting her stuff that she didn't notice someone sit down in the seat next to her's.

"Hey, I heard you got sent to Jenkins' office last period," Winnie jumped slightly in her seat at the voice making her leg hit the table. She let out a quiet 'ow' under her breath and then turned to look at the girl who had sat down next to her.

Winnie recognised the girl, her name was Evelyn Bell. The White girl was genuinely confused at why Bell was talking to her; she was one of the most popular girls in the school. She was known for her beauty and grace. Everyone that seemed to talk to the girl seemed to instantly fall in love with her like she had some sort of superpower. Evelyn had long blonde hair and had bright green eyes that looked like emeralds. She was the same height as Winnie, 5'2" and was slim. The two girls had been in a few classes together but they never really talked, mostly because of Winnie's anxiety but also because they never had the chance to talk to one another.