chapter xxiv

chapter xxiv.

"I joined the army"

"I joined the army"

______

1943

STEVE

The 'Star-Spangled Man' sneakily made his way through the vast rooms and hallways of the enormous HYDRA base, watching where he was going in case he ran into someone who wouldn't be good... For them. His mission was to find his friends whilst also saving the other 107th recruits from the evil organisation.

When Steve had learned that his friends had in fact been taken hostage by HYDRA he had felt an immense amount of worry and pain. These two people had been with him for over a decade, helped him with the death of his mother and now they might be dead? And he was just supposed to sit and hope for the best?

Hell no.

He was going to save their asses. Why you may ask? Well, because he's Captain freaking America, that's why. And also because they had saved his ass many times before so he felt like he needed to but the whole he's Captain America is a lot cooler so that's gonna be the main reason.

The Rogers boy - well man now, he ain't no boy - was able to get Howard Stark to fly him as close as he could to the base and Peggy was there too for moral support. The playboy we all know and kind of love, however, couldn't bring Steve all the way to the HYDRA base because as they reached the enemy grounds, the group was getting shot at, meaning Captain America had to jump off the plane.

Now here he was making his way through the grounds of said HYDRA base. Every so often he would have to take out one of the guards to stay hidden. None of them could even see him coming.

Soon he made it to a room that was mostly bare apart from guards looming around. The flooring is what caught Steve's eye; it was mostly just stone but there were about eight big squares that allowed you to look down into the next floor.

Steve grimaced as he noticed many soldiers through the floor, he could only assume that they were the missing ones from the 107th.

The Captain carefully made his way towards the guards in the room, taking them out one by one, making sure that none of the alarms went off. He grabbed one of the keys off of the HYDRA guards that had fallen off onto one of the cell roofs.

All of the prisoners inside looked up in shock but then furrowed their brow as they caught sight of the muscular man with the shield.

"Who are you supposed to be?" one of them asked.

Steve looked around to make sure no one was there before looking back down at the man. "I'm... Captain America."