chapter ix

______

WARNING

this chapter has some aspects of abuse and harassment

______ 

chapter ix.

"i deserve this! this is all my fault!"

______

1934

WINNIE woke up from the sound of the front door slamming shut. Her head was pounding and her body ached, especially her stomach. She pushed herself up into a sitting position, a loud wince escaping her mouth from the pain.

The memories of what happened yesterday flooded her mind. She had accidentally broke one of her Father's beer bottles that he ordered her to go get, earning her a rough beating.

That's when she remember. She agreed to go meet Bucky at the library today at eleven. Winnie looked at the clock in her room, her eyes widening at the time.

10:34

Crap! She had to hurry up and get ready or else she was going to be seriously late, something that she hated being.

After rubbing the sleep from her eyes, Winnie used all of her strength to pull herself up onto her feet, using her chest of draws to help her up. Quickly she limped her to stand in front of her mirror. Winnie lifted her dress over her head and examined her body for bruises and cuts.

Along her stomach was a large dark purple bruise. Winnie ran her fingers along the bruise, pressing down slightly when she reached the middle making her wince. Her neck had a reddish line across it, she knew she couldn't go out with her neck looking like that, people would get suspicious.

The cut on her cheek was barely visible so she knew she would be able to get away with it, all she had to do was come up with a lie.

Getting to work, Winnie rummaged around her make-up looking for the foundation and concealer she had bought a couple of weeks ago. Quickly, Winnie applied the make-up to her neck before blending it in. Once she was happy with how it looked, she rushed towards her wardrobe and picked out a random dress and a cardigan that would match to cover her wrists.

The dress was a nice light blueish colour with white spots that reached her knees and the cardigan was white.

Checking the time quickly she began to panic. She had five minutes to get to the library and the walk was about twenty minutes at least. If she ran maybe she would get there in fifteen minutes.