[0:32]

John stared at the shorter, dumbfounded, lips in a firm line as he thought of what the hell to say. Jaren seemed to notice but he himself didn't even know what the hell to say to break the small tension slowly building.

"What's up?"

John finally asked, he tilted his head to the side while awaiting an answer. Jaren almost fumbled over his words but quickly calmed himself, not wanting to give the taller the satisfaction.

"We had a meeting, the bears were all set up and everything but you never came." He teasingly said, rocking back and forth on his heels to reduce his nerves. This caught John by surprise as he arched a brow. "May I come in?"

"Mm.." John nodded, sliding his hand down the door and taking a step back. Jaren walked in once John opened the door more for him, letting him close it once he'd stepped in. John was still staring at the door after closing it before turning around swiftly and eyeing the younger man's appearance.

He was in his comfortable wear which consisted of shorts and a big white shirt. Jaren always wore clothes like that, even before their little accident and it never rubbed John the wrong way but nowadays it did as his eyes scanned over his neck. "What's up?"

"You already asked that twice now." Jaren spoke smug, sitting on John's big bed and looking over at the older.

"And you'd think my question would be answered by now." John chuckled. He took a step closer before deciding on just sitting at his work desk, taking a seat in the comfortable swivel chair.

A round of silence took over the two before John spoke. "The table..." He said trailing off as though he could not find the right words. Jaren's ears automatically perked at the mention of earlier events.

"The table?" Jaren teases, already knowing what the male was talking about but wanting to mess with him. John noticed and groaned in frustration, he didn't know how to word it without it coming out... weird? The whole situation was weird enough.

John seemed to slowly begin fumbling with his words. He didn't wanna show he was battling with how to say it because then Jaren would get cocky, he thought. "When you suddenly got thirsty for something else at the dinner table, spoiler alert it was not water."

Jaren snorted, kicking his feet back and forth. "I was not-"

"Do you always lie when you get caught up?" John asked cheekily, a smile growing wide at Jaren's short flustered state.

"Shut up."

"No, you."

"Why do we always have to fight?" Jaren frowned. John chuckled, shrugging before leaning back in the swivel chair more comfortably. He was happy they weren't thrown into an awkward silence and were actually talking.

God knows John can't handle serious situations for too long without losing his mind or wanting to make a joke. "Because you're a competitive little fuck."

"Am not." Jaren whined.

The older smirked. "You're getting caught up again."

"Shut up." The smaller hissed. "If anyone is the competitive one it's you, for example the fire accident." Jaren pointed, pulling out past info that made John groan.

"Like you didn't try to take the bowl away from me when I was stirring my secret sauce." John snorted, rolling his eyes at Jaren who got defensive.

The smaller man's face twisted in shock. "You were literally spilling it everywhere!" He shouted but that didn't stop the taller from rolling his eyes again.