[0:94]

"Wait, so you're telling me he's seen.." Jaren flinched, bottom lip quivering at the now known fact. John's father has seen his body. The same man cheating on his mother with various women.

John sighed. "Yes, doll." The horror that spread across Jaren's face nearly made him regret telling the boy.

Jaren gulped harshly. "What'd I expect? A lot of people have seen it.. this-this isn't-" before Jaren could finish he gagged. John quickly patted his back, face filled with worry. "I'm gonna thr-"

The shorter sprinted to the bathroom inside of John's room. Falling on his knees at the toilet and emptying out his insides. John pinched the bridge of his nose, no he probably was going to fully regret it. The older walked to the bathroom as well and leaned against the door frame.

Jaren just sat with his head above the toilet after he was finished before flopping against the side of the bathtub. John went and grabbed a towel before sitting beside the boy as well, flushing and closing the toilet seat. "Jaren I.."

John began wiping at the sides of the smaller males mouth. "It's okay.." Jaren muttered. The older bit his bottom lip but nonetheless continued cleaning the boy up. "What'd.. what did I expect? But, how? I deleted everything after that job incident and only kept a flash of one video. I hid it so carefully there's no way he could had found it.. so how did he find out."

Jaren stared out at nothing as he spoke softly. His voice being the only gentle sound to resonate against the walls of the quiet bathroom. John had no idea what to say so he stayed quiet. No idea what they could do now. If they outed his dad then John's dad could put Jaren. Ruin his whole career and ones after that one.

"What are we going to do now?" Jaren wondered. Again, John stayed quiet. He didn't know either this time. The older held his head down with a soft sigh.

The boys were at a lost.

"It's my fault." Jaren chuckled humorlessly. This making John's head snap up as he furrowed his eyebrows. "If I had found another way.. some other way to bring in money. But, I tried everything John. Everything." The boys voice became shaky. Bottom lip quivering. "It just wasn't enough."

"In order to help her I still find some way to end up hurting her.." Jaren sighed, eyes scanning the ceiling for an ounce of a thought. For something to just pop up in his brain to get them out of this situation. "If she didn't have a child maybe she could had-"

"Enough." John grumbled. "That's enough. This isn't your fault, it's not your fault you weren't born with a silver spoon in your mouth and ended up with a dead beat dad."

John looked towards the boy from the corner of his eye. "We don't get to choose our life or our family, there just a gift that you get when you're born. It's the way you accept it, the way you let it go and play with another. If it breaks you.. do all you can until all you can is enough."

"Doll, you did all you could. That's what matters at the end of the day, how you accepted it and decided to care for it. How even after it hurt you, you were able forgive and forget it." Jaren became teary eyed after a mantra of him biting his bottom lip to stop it.

John turned fully towards the boy and took his hand in his. "You're strong. It's no ones fault because as you've moved from the last fixation problem you'll move pass this one." They made eye contact. A smile spreading across John's face and fingers playing with his.

"I promise, don't give up on me yet doll." For some reason each word had struck him in his heart and sparked an emotion he felt resentment for. One he hated giving up. Giving to anyone.

He loved him. He loved John. It was there but he felt numb. How come he was always there? Would he leave him too? Why did he even put up with his consistent crying? John pulled him into a hug and he broke down.

He felt so much from so little and it overcame him. Jaren couldn't stop shaking as he buried his face in John's shoulder. He might had been born with the bunch of unlucky ones but, he considered himself lucky to had found someone who thought of him as a prize.

John rubbed his back as he sniffed the vanilla scent in the shorter boys hair. "We'll figures this out together. That's what we should had been doing in the first place. So if you want someone to blame.."

"Blame me."
||

Why am I crying?

If you read while listening to the song I recommended then you're now even more sad. You're welcome.