[1:09]

"Where are we going?" Jaren demands, allowing himself to be dragged away by Toby. Ever since Toby had gotten off her phone she'd had held Jaren hostage for what felt like 40 minutes.

Toby looked back at the boy with a smile. "We're leaving, you and your mom don't have to worry about that man ever again."

Jaren stopped. Eyeing Toby in both suspicion and confusion. "We don't have time for this Jaren, I'll tell you the rest of it when we get on the boat."

"What do you mean? Where's my mom? She should've had already made it to the boat by now. We'll all tell you more about it there, I promise." She pleads to Jaren's stubbornness. He was more lost than he's ever been, while he was looking for John what the hell had happened?

He nodded and just followed along, allowing Toby to lead the way once again. "Where's John?" Jaren asked and felt Toby flinch slightly.

"Don't worry, he's with your mother now." Toby assures with a bold faced lie. "He was actually the one who convinced her." Jaren's eyes widened in disbelief. How the hell had John managed to change her mind?

He was running out of questions but needed so many answers. "W-What about the tape?" Jaren hesitantly asks. Toby turned back towards the boy, pulling him into a side hug in order for them to walk side by side.

"We found it, both of them. That bastard has nothing to hold over your head!" She was more excited for Jaren than the boy was for himself. He was stunned, had this been real? Just a while ago he'd had been crying and throwing up but now he was free? His heart began pumping faster and he wanted to see his mom but more than anything he wanted to see John.

The two of them were together. That made him skyrocket towards the boat. Toby taken by surprise as she hurried to follow him. Making it pass the large front door and pass the wedding decor and tables. There was the boat and there was his mother, upon seeing her son she opened her arms and held him tightly.

Everything was happening so fast, so sudden, for him. Was it okay to be as happy as he was? "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." She apologized and Jaren could care less about her apologies, as long as she was away from that man.

"It's okay mom." Jaren assures. "It's over now, you'll be away from him and we'll be happy again." She stared down at her joyful naive son and felt pain swirl in her chest.

Ella shook her head. Pulling away from her son and clasping his shoulders gently. "I had been a horrible mother for so long. I've said so many mean things and I-"

"Hey, hey, it's okay now. I promise. I'm not mad or upset." Jaren smiled in order to prove his point but that made the older woman feel no much better.

The younger stopped looking at his mom and now began looking for John. He looked at everyone, everywhere. "Where's John?" He asked and their eyes averted from Jaren's.

The boat started moving.

Jaren furrowed his eyebrows. "Why is everyone looking away from me like that?" He chuckled. "I asked where John was, I don't see him anywhere."

Fits stepped closer to the male fearing if Toby had he would tell him the truth. "He's staying behind he'll catch up with us later." He lied right through his teeth and Jaren shook his head.

"You're lying." He accused. "I can tell, you can't even look me in the eyes. That's a habit you have when you lie, you should've at least sent someone who I didn't know to lie for him."

Tyler sighed, "He's not coming. His purpose was to make sure you and your mom was okay. He's staying back to distract your dad and when we make it back you'll pack your things and fly to Canada." Everyone stared at Tyler in shock. If they expected anybody to tell the truth so soon it'd had been Evan or Toby.

Though when they looked at the two they only shrugged. "Be mature about this Jaren. You've accomplished what you wanted right? That was to get your mother away from that man no matter what." Evan spoke blandly but truthfully. Then again that was what Jaren wanted more than anything. But at what cost?

Jaren looked back at the island. They weren't that far away, they could stop and turn around. "Stop the boat." He demanded.

"What? No!" Mini shouted. If they stopped the boat John would surely kill them all.

"We said think about this logically idiot!" Toby exclaimed, but all of what they were saying went through one ear and out the other.

Tyler shook his head. "We're not stopping the boat."

Jaren took a deep breath and looked out at the distance from the boat and island. Maybe 25 meters away? He started taking his shoes off. "What are you doing?" His mother called, watching her son in shock along with everyone else.

"You can't be serious?" Marcel muttered, clearly flabbergasted.

"Bro, tell me if you see a whale!" Mason shouted.

"Jaren, we said think this through!" Toby tried but was only ignored when Jaren went to the edge and stared down at the clear blue water.

He looked back at the group with a smile. "Haha I did. I thought it out and decided that before I leave I'm going to kill him."

"Jaren this isn't funny!"

"Get back on the boat!"

"Wait can he even swim?"

With that he jumped in the water and began swimming back towards the island. "Jaren!" They all called but his mind was preoccupied with other things.

Things like John. How he changed his moms mind. How he paid for them to get away. How he helped him. How even now he was so damn selfless. He feared nothing at the moment because all that fear had been carried onto John for so long. How John took in everything for him and never hissed or fussed about it. Though it pissed him off John never told him things like this, how he did shit all on his own.

Expecting things to work out in the end. But even now they aren't because he isn't with him. That's how it works. That's the perfect ending for Jaren. "That damned idiot." John had no reason whatsoever to had fallen as deep as he had for Jaren. Jaren thought.

He went from hating him to doing whatever he could to make him happy. Even if he was weighing so much burden on his shoulders as well, John acted as though his problems were irrelevant. Jaren gritted his teeth, watching as the shore grew closer and closer. Though John was an idiot, he was a idiot as well for jumping into a large body of water in order to swim back for his idiot.

John was coming back with him

"Whether he liked it or not."

||

Jaren bold asl I wish I would jump in the ocean full of sharks and other huge ass sea animals mf you betta be Jeon Jungkook waiting at the end before I ever do some shit like that 😩😩

Anyway 💛 you guys and thanks for reading 👉🏽👈🏽