[0:61]

This new dark mode is nice, I can write at night without feeling like my eyes are being flashed. 🥰

-

"John!"

"How ya been buddy?!"

"I nearly forgot how amazing your place was."

"I'm hungry as fuck. Where's the food?!"

One by one they entered his home. John wide eyed and froze, holding the door open as they piled in. Once Marcel entered, the host finally blinked rapidly and shut the door. "I clearly remember saying you guys couldn't come over." John whined.

"I clearly remember saying when have we ever listened to you." Mini retorts, sheepishly, throwing himself on the long modern white couch. John rolled his eyes, walking over to the group as they sat comfortably on the sofa.

Evan turning the large studio TV on. "We haven't seen you in weeks and this is the welcome we get?" He wonders, dramatically placing a hand on his chest. "Disrespectful."

John scoffed. "The way I'm being slandered in my own home." Folding his arms over his chest and tapping his foot impatiently.

"I'm sorry honey," Tyler looks over at John from where he sat on the couch. Voice in fake concern. "How was your day? Come sit down beside me and tell hubby all about it."

At that the group laughed, John not finding it humorous at all. He was on edge. "That isn't even fucking funny. Could you guys just get the fuck out?" He snapped, finally having enough of bullshit for the day.

They were all taken by surprise at the sudden harshness in his voice. Evan turned the TV back off and turned to John along with the rest of his friends. "What's up?" Evan starts.

"What?"

"There's clearly something up." Marcel jumps in. Arms sprawling out on the back of the couch as he grew more relaxed. They all faced John in hopes of an explanation. Them coming over randomly was anything but new and John never really had a problem. "A stick is in your ass tell us so we can help you pull it out."

They all groaned at Marcels, once again, intriguing choice of words. "For the second time, there was a better way of rewording that." Mini sighs but the latter only shrugged his shoulders and brought his attention back to John.

"So, what happened?" Tyler induces, patting the spot next to him. "Tell daddy Tyler all about it."

John hesitates for a minute before walking over and sitting down beside the man. Everyone kept their gaze on him as he fiddled with his fingers, a sign of nervousness. "Well..."

Flashback

"OH YOU'RE BACK!?" Jaren's mom jumps up from the couch at the sudden sound of the door opening. Engulfing her son in a bone crushing hug as though she hadn't just seen him no more than 2 days ago.

Jaren dropping his bags in order to hold his mom. Arms wrapping around her tightly. This what he's been waiting for. Wanting to make sure she was alright and the whole drive back, even with John, his mind would always float to what she was doing. If she was okay. John watching fondly at the interaction between mother and son.

The strong hold even caught his mother off guard. "I didn't think you'd be this happy to see me." She chuckled but, nonetheless, held him tighter as well. Finally after what seemed like forever, they departed in order to John further into his own home. The two then began talking amongst themselves, John not having the heart to leave nor intervene.