[1:11]

Jaren made it to the land. That same flame in his eyes as he stomped soaking wet towards the house despite the many guests and houseworkers looks. He was livid, he nearly dried the water that dripped from him. "Has anyone seen John?!" He called but to his dismay he only received head shakes.

"Fuck." The boy hissed but continued his journey in looking for the male. Jaren checked everywhere, from the basement to every room in the 3rd floor but found no sight of John. "Where are you..?"

Jaren sighed, he didn't necessarily think out what he would say and just jumped in the water absentmindedly. Shoving his hands in his pocket he took a seat at one of the chairs in the dining hall. No, he hadn't given up yet but where the hell could he be? It might be a big house but he's checked everywhere and was sure he hadn't missed a spot.

A chair skid back in front of him making him raise his head in hopes of it being John. His face lighting up. "Jo-"

"No, do I look like a John to you?" Eustace scowled as he took a seat. Jaren was confused as to why the hell had he pulled up a seat to sit with him. Last time he checked the man hated confrontation or communicating with anyone at that.

He cleared his throat. "I-If you don't mind me asking.." Jaren started causing Eustace to look up. "Why are you sitting with me?"

Eustace blinked. Jaren blinked. Then they both blinked as they stared with indifferent facial expressions. That was before the old man got angry. "Do I need a reason to sit with you, you dumb youngster?!" He shouted making Jaren bounce back.

Jaren scratches his cheek nervously. "W-Well.. N-No.."

"Okay then." The elder huffed. Then they were thrown into a round of silence. Jaren was growing uncomfortable, not at being with him but being around him if that makes sense. The man was always so angry and upset, Jaren never knew why but he feared he might take his anger out on him.

The tension they easily surrounded themselves in was also awkward. "Then um..."

"You're looking for something?" Eustace asked. Jaren looked up shocked but nonetheless nodded enthusiastically. Fluffy hair bouncing with the motion. The elder found the boy to be similar to a pet dog looking for its owner. Too bad he hated dogs.

"Yes sir!" Jaren confirmed. "I-I'm looking for John."

Eustace furrowed his eyebrows. "Have you given up?" He asked.

Jaren shook his head. "No, of course not. B-But I'm taking a break. I've looked ev-"

"It looks to me like you've given up." Eustace cut in. "If you truly looked everywhere then you would have found him, wouldn't you have?" The elder quizzed with his arms crossed.

Jaren felt as though he was being trialed, was he about to go to jail or something. "Well y-yes-"

"Then why did you lie to me and tell me you've looked everywhere?" Eustace interrupted for the second time. Jaren blinked, face full of solemn as he stared down at the white table cloth. "That's the same expression you had before I came over here. Listen, I'll help you since kids nowadays are a little slow."

Jaren looked up using only his eyes. Curious to what he had to say, because he indeed needed help. "Where was the last place you saw him?" Eustace starts and Jaren nearly scoffs.

"How is that gonna-"

Eustace shakes his head. "Just answer the question."

Jaren sighs but nonetheless thinks for a minute. "In the dining hall, I-I can't remember but I think he met up with his friends." He answers honestly.

"Where was the last time your friends saw him?" Eustace continues to quiz and Jaren blinks a few times before coming up with an answer.

"With my mom.. on the second floor." Jaren answers, now he was beginning to think. To use his brain instead of going off anger and desperation.

The elder nods. "Was he with her the last time you saw her?" Jaren shakes his head. "If I were to lose Muriel, I would stop and think about her everything. Where she enjoyed eating. Where we first met. Where I last saw her. Where she would usually go if we had a falling out." The older hints and Jaren began to think about everything that came with and to John.

The kind of personality he had, the places he enjoyed going to, to get away. "John was a cliche kind of guy.. the one who'd remember every little thing you did and every place you've been and he'd keep it as if he had a box in his mind." Jaren informed nonchalantly but instead of replying eustace gave him time to think.

"The type to remember a first date or a..." Jaren's brain wandered off and then it clicked. Eyes widening, how the hell could he forget to check there?! He stood up and ran off but not before turning around and bowing his head to the man as a showing of thanks and respect.

Eustace shook his head. "Damned kid.." he chuckled. He sat at the table for a while, the only reason he even sat with Jaren was because.. "Now where the hell did Muriel go?" He couldn't find Muriel.

Jaren ran and ran until his legs grew tired. Busting every turn at a corner and skipping every step. Until he was at his destination. Heart pounding as he took a deep breath, opening the window from the roof of the room they shared their first intimate encounter in. Jaren climbed threw and looked up, there sat John staring feverishly at the boy.

"What took you so long doll?"
||

So the outfit and hats and shit that I ordered off wish came in and no matter what anyone says wish is a good store to order from if you check reviews 😩

Bought a black plaid skirt, a pink strawberry milk case, a inside out cherry bucket hat, and a long sleeve baby girl shirt for only $25 🤩🤩

Peep my husband Rick 🤍✨