The move

“Bye dad, I love you. I’ll be visiting soon.” I yell to my dad getting in the van. I’m on my way to Los Angeles. My dream is to be famous for singing, so I’m going there to make it happen. As soon as I pull out of the driveway with all of my belongings, I start crying. My mom died when I was 11. It’s been me, my dad, and my older brother for 8 years. My Brother moved to L.A when I was 18. He is letting me stay with him and his girlfriend in their two story mansion. It’s going to be a long drive that’s why I left at 6 in the morning. 

    I pull up to My brother’s mansion around 10:30 in the morning, I knock on the door, and not even a minute later, Paige opens the door. “Oh my god!!! Phoenix!! Akita, Phoenix is here!” She yells, giving me a hug. Akita gives me a big hug and starts getting my bags out of the car. "Sorry he's not talking. His doctor says he has to be quiet and drink lots of hot tea to help with his voice. I'll show you to your room." She says, linking her arm with mine. After I'm done unpacking, I make my bed.

    "We are having a welcoming party. Our neighbors are coming over. So you'll get to meet them. There is like 20 people who live there. They are really chill." Akita says, walking into my room. "Oh, that sounds like fun. It's so nice to see you again bro." I say, walking into my bathroom. " Nice to see you too. I'll give you some privacy. You have 2 hours, then they'll be here." He says. "TWO HOURS!!" I shriek. I hear him laugh and shut the door.

     When I get out the shower, and get dressed I go downstairs. I still have 30 minutes until everyone gets here. I see Paige and Akita hanging up a banner that says Karaoke. I get excited. I go upstairs to make some last minute changes to my outfit.

 I go upstairs to make some last minute changes to my outfit

(Minus the hat)