Leaving the Glade

2 days after last post

I'm running down a long corridor and I take a sharp right and am greeted by a group of armed men with there guns pointed right at me, I try to run in the direction I just came from but there was another group of armed men.

The man leading them, Janson yelled "Theres nowhere to run Y/N. Give up and come with us so we can punish you for what you did".
I was for sure they were going to kill me.

That was until I felt something poke my neck I grabbed my hand on my neck, it was a syringe filled with blue liquid, I fell to the floor.

The last thing I remember is Janson saying, "You should have chosen the easy way, now you are going in the maze. But hey at least you will see Newt right, wrong because you won't remember him and he won't remember you!"

I woke up from my dream

I woke up in a pool of my own sweat, my throat hurt, I'd been screaming I could tell. Then I looked to my right to see Newt

"Are you alright love, it sounded like you were having a terrible nightmare" he said with his amazing accent I just adore.

"Yeah, it was just a nightmare, I'll be alright" I lied.

"Ok I just worry about you. And you are going to tell me about your dream later."
I real-- he cut me off "your going to tell me" he said very insistently.
"Ok Newt just not right now"
"Alright Y/N, but for now let's go eat Breakfast, Fry made waffles" he said with an adorable smile.

"Waffles! I love waffles, let's go" I grabbed his arm and we ran to breakfast.

Newt and I got our food and went to sit at our table with Minho and Ben, when we sat down Minho gave me a look I could see a flicker of fear I his eyes.

"Y/N, Newt, you know what today is right" Minho said with the fear rising in his tone.
"No, what is it" Me and Newt said in unison.
"We are going through the doors today, after Breakfast" he said, his voice was clearly shaking, as were his hands.
I looked at Newt, I could see the fear flash into his eyes, I could tell he saw the same with me.
I was about to say something when Alby came to our table.
"You guys ready for today. Come with me I need to give you guys the rundown on how we are going to run this operation, oh and George can't come today he got sick and Ben is taking his place so hes not coming either"

We all nodded our heads and up and followed Alby to a special hut he had made in the woods for us, he had gear in there.

Alby started to speak, "As you all know you will be going through the doors to see what is there you will all stay together in a group there is only 4 of you going today, Y/N, Newt, Minho and Nick. I have gear here for you guys, and Y/N I am putting you in charge, you will wear the watch and be sure to be back by 7pm".

I nodded my head. Then we started to load up on gear, we all had a small backpack that had water and some snacks and a weapon easy to carry. Alby also had us us all have a piece of paper and a pencil. We started to walk to the doors.
"Write down or draw what you see. And please be careful, You are Runners now and Y/N you are there keeper". He said with a sincere look in his eyes.

"Don't worry Alby I'll keep these shanks alive". Minho said with high levels of sass.
(We are now standing right in front of the doors saying our goodbyes)

"We'll be alright Ably I bloody promise" Newt said while giving Alby a hug. I walked up and hugged Alby along with him. We were about to leave but then Galky grabbed me by the arm spun me around and gave me a huge hug he held me very close.
I whispered in his ear "I know you like me, but I like Newt I'm really sorry, but you are still my best friend".

Y-you know?, you heard
"Yes"
"Ok can we please talk about this more when you come back Y/N?"
"Yes Gally"

And from there I let go of him and ran with the others through the door.